PS3's Does ANYBODY still want one?

My PS3 has about 100 hours on it. It does not get hot. You can put your hand on it and not get burnt.

I was gonna comment also, but I see I was beaten too it. LOL, I am sure you didn't mean it how it sounds.

Like I said though, I was just curious what people who had the PS3 thought of the heat.

Kiosks locking up is primarily due to folks pressing buttons and not waiting for the PS3 to act.

I think they are locking up because they are in glass cases with no ventilation. I know for sure none of mine have locked up. The PS3 is sooooo much quieter then my 360. Of coarse most of the time i don't hear my 360 because my surround system is alway on. Both my PS3 and 360 are fun to play!

The 10 year old kid next door got a PS3 for Christmas. It is in his room, attached to to his little SD TV.

The 10 year old kid next door got a PS3 for Christmas. It is in his room, attached to to his little SD TV.
LOL! I bet his dad take it when he finds out its a Blu-ray player too!:p Poor kids dad going to take it like taking candy from a baby!

Wow, I can barely hear my 360 and it's in an open rack, but I don't have any additional cooling on it. What do you guys have on the 360's that make them so loud, the intercoolers?

Wow, I can barely hear my 360 and it's in an open rack, but I don't have any additional cooling on it. What do you guys have on the 360's that make them so loud, the intercoolers?

Mine is loud when the internal DVD-ROM is spinning. When using the Dashboard or HD-DVD add on it's not as bad.

It doesn't get hot. I leave mine on all the time. Also, it does not sound like the freight train of a 360. Last night when I was playing 360 it was loud as hell. I had to turn it off before i went to sleep. I left my PS3 on all night.

I don't doubt you guys. Joe just put it a funny way.

LOL! I bet his dad take it when he finds out its a Blu-ray player too!:p Poor kids dad going to take it like taking candy from a baby!

Not this kid or this dad. The dad has no HDTV and the kid is spoiled rotten. He must get a new PS2 (now PS3 game, I suppose) game every week. Both he has his little sister (6 years old) have their own TVs, DVD players, and gaming consoles in their rooms. According to their mom, the parents can't deal with them arguing about who gets to do what with the TV.

Not this kid or this dad. The dad has no HDTV and the kid is spoiled rotten. He must get a new PS2 (now PS3 game, I suppose) game every week. Both he has his little sister (6 years old) have their own TVs, DVD players, and gaming consoles in their rooms. According to their mom, the parents can't deal with them arguing about who gets to do what with the TV.
Dang! Talk about being spoiled rotten. I had to beg for months just to get a GI JOE when I was a kid. And he has his own Home Theater!:eek:

I'm close. My son has a 20" TV (NOT HD), my old XBox player, and a DVD/VHS combi player hooked up to it. His E* 501 player keeps my 622 from getting bogged down in Avatar and Spongebob episodes. My daughter has a 13" Disney Princess TV/DVD combo (her choice, not mine.... she desperately wanted it for her 6th birthday about 15 months ago). POS rebranded crap from China. She also has a 501. Got sick of her dozens of Cheetah Girl and Hanna Montana episodes deleting my programs to make room.

Smart moves. IIRC I was still hoping for a bike at six, and I don't think we had a TV back then. B&W if we did.

I walked into Walmart yesterday at about 3pm and they had a PS3 sitting in the case.

I don't have a cooler. It's really loud when the DVD is spinning.
Hmm, I can barely hear mine and it's out in the open. My 360 is only a few months old, maybe the first runs were louder. I would venture to say my 360 is no louder than my dvd burner on my PC when I burn a disc.

Hmm, I can barely hear mine and it's out in the open. My 360 is only a few months old, maybe the first runs were louder. I would venture to say my 360 is no louder than my dvd burner on my PC when I burn a disc.

From my understanding the 360's after JAN 1 2006 are quieter. I know mine is very LOUD!:eek:

Ohh. I gasp and scream at the thought that Sony is shipping these console so people can buy them. What a travesty.:D

I was just saying that I actually saw them sitting on the shelf. I went to another Walmart today and there were 2 on the shelf.

Speaking of Connecticut supply.. heres an odd one for you.

My Playstation 2 died the other day.. I dont want to lay down $500 for a PS3 quite yet, so I am on the hunt for a new PS2..

I go to Best Buy, sold out....

I go to Gamestop, sold out....

I go to the other Gamestop... sold out...

I swallow my pride, and go to Walmart on a saturday.. I got the last one they had.

So, what did Sony do, stop making PS2s to make PS3s? Or did all the people looking at their christmas shopping list go.. "lets see, Playstation 3.... oh my, its $500? Ill get Johnny the $120 one instead.."

And as for Southeastern connecticut (Waterford/New London) I have yet to see a Wii, or PS3 on any store shelf, and even Xbox360s are few and far between.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)