PS4 Give Away through Taco Bell

I don't know if I have ever used a gaming console to play CDs. I did rip CDs to the original Xbox for custom soundtracks. I also used network streaming quite a bit on my 360 for background gaming music. I don't need CD support but I really would like MP3 support over the network.

At the very least I would like to be able to play music off a USB flash drive or by plugging my iPhone in via the USB cable. You could plug the old iPods in to the 360 and get custom soundtracks that way but I don't think that worked with iPhones.
I keep going back to the Sega CD example since I used to play them in there then because A: CD players weren't cheap (although neither was the Sega CD) and B: It was a real novelty to get CD quality music back then. Many games would put all the data on track 1 and then put all the music on the others so you'd get these great soundtracks that could also be put in regular CD players. It would get a little weird though. Some games seemed to just put stuff there because they could. I remember Lunar: Silver Star Story had dialog tracks for cut scenes in the audio tracks, so if you listened to them you basically got the entire story in advance (I speak from experience sadly.) Speaking of, Lunar 1 & 2 are SADLY underappreciated RPG games and I do wish they'd bring them back on something other than portable devices.

Maybe I'm the oddball, but I still play music off a USB drive, stream MP3s from my network, and pop a CD in my PS3 now and then (it's the best audio quality of any CD playing device I own, and of course better than listening to compressed MP3s). I even had a couple dozen CDs ripped directly on to my PS3 hard drive as well, but after I upgraded to a 1 TB hard drive in May, I didn't bother ripping the CDs again (a game I had, Beat Hazard Ultra, actually set the levels to the music you had on the HDD and some workout video games I use also allow custom soundtracks in the same manner). Once my Music Unlimited sub runs out in a couple of months, I'll be back to using the PS3 as my primary device for listening to my music collection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts