PTAT Bugs, Problems, Dislikes ...

Yes, because it's supposed to just magically predict when live events go overtime.

Yep, that's exactly what they need to be able to do, and frankly it isn't all that difficult. During sporting events it is almost rarer than hen's teeth when CBS doesn't go long. Seems the million dollar players and their advertising crap can't play a one-hour game in less than 3 hours or so. Been going on long enough that Dish should have figured that out.

Or barring that, allowing for a manual extension by the user on those nights they just know that CBS is going to be running long. I know that I pad them quite a bit and still sometimes it goes beyond the 30 minutes I add.

Yes, because it's supposed to just magically predict when live events go overtime.

Well, yeah - otherwise you can't trust it. If I'm smart enough to add an extra hour to every CBS show on Sundays, then the software for PTAT should be able to handle it too. I wouldn't expect the shows to be identified properly, but since it happens nearly every week for most of the year it's something that I'm surprised they didn't consider. If they didn't consider this, they probably didn't consider any kind of live event that takes place during prime time such as awards shows. Disappointing, but not surprising.

So, the workaround is to use PTAT AND to set separate timers for CBS shows, thus using 2 of the 3 tuners (or is it 5 of 6?)... also not ideal.

or at the vary least, let the user add time to the current PTAT recording, because we are smart enough to know we need to add time, maybe the programers can be smart enough to add that ability.
After all, I doubt adding a little more time will over fill the 500MB reserved for PTAT

Quick update for Cheyenne, Wy locals on ptat. From dish install mgr. For my area they have not had a successful ptat user this area possibly because of only 1 local hd statione. Advised unknown future update will rectify. Still happy I switched as picture quality improvement alone was worth it.

It seems like if it's streaming 4 channels of HD at the same time they could manage to slip in a 512 byte packette saying "HEY! Starting @ 7:30PM all CBS shows are delayed 30 minutes!".... it really does seem like a poor choice of development priorities that it doesn't.

Can't figure out if I would prefer to manage this on my own when there are sporting events or if I would prefer to have Dish always end PTAT an hour later on every channel just in case. I think last Sunday CBS was delayed by 45 minutes so not sure what the sweet spot is for a dish controlled overage. Also, not sure if the overage recording would fit in the 500GB for PTAT? Might be an easier choice for me when the Hoppers can see the content of each other.

If they would just move that boring show 60 minutes to another night we would not have a problem. They always want to show the entire 60 minutes show whenever sports run late. FOX just does a overtime show so there shows start on time at 8PM.

If they would just move that boring show 60 minutes to another night we would not have a problem. They always want to show the entire 60 minutes show whenever sports run late. FOX just does a overtime show so there shows start on time at 8PM.

Agreed. If CBS claims the programming will start at 6pm, then why should Dish believe otherwise? I agree it'd be nice to be able to add up to an hour of padding to PTAT, but as long as you set a timer for the last show in the PTAT block and extend that, you'll be fine. Granted, if you find a show in the PTAT block that you hadn't decided to record, then you're hosed, but you can likely watch the last part of it online! :)

king3pj said:
Mine is also acting kind of weird. The day of the install (Sunday) PTAT didn't kick off at all but my install was only completed about 2 hours before it was supposed to start. I figured this was no big deal because people have been saying it takes about 24 hours or so for the box to start acting right. I enabled PTAT at about 5:00pm Sunday on both hoppers.

The second day(Monday) one of my hoppers had the PT logos in the guide and the other didn't. I believe PTAT showed in my recording schedule on both hoppers. I know for sure it showed on the one that didn't have the PTAT logos in the guide. PTAT worked as it should on both of my hoppers and it also moved the shows I set specific timers for into my regular DVR folder.

Today (Tuesday) neither of my hoppers have the PTAT logos in the guide. I checked the scheduled recordings on both of them and they are showing individual prime time shows using a tuner instead of saying skipped like they did yesterday. PTAT is not listed in my scheduled recordings anymore. As of right now it looks like PTAT will not be firing on either of my hoppers tonight but I guess we will see at 7:55.

I really need PTAT to be a reliable system. I was the one that convinced the rest of my family an upgrade would be worth it. They will not be very happy with me if they miss shows they have been following weekly for years.

It's official. PTAT didn't fire on either of my hoppers tonight. So it didn't work the first day, it did work the 2nd, and now it isn't working again on the 3rd day.

Sunday was install day. Both Hoppers and all four Joeys working great. Just checked: PTAT is presently recording on both Hoppers. That makes all three prime times since install. Wife is happy, Mike!

Like I said and almost every one ignores. When you set a timer for the last show in the PTA and add the 60 or 90 minutes THE TIMER STOPS when PTA ends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)