PTAT question

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
IF you use PTAT and then set a timer for the show too, it will only use the same tuner as the PTAT ,but should extend it by the hour you have extended the individual timer for. Or you can select save a series from a show from your PTAT folder and it will give you a recording in addition to the one in the PTAT folder. Not sure if you can adjust that timer for an additional time. Another way if you have ota tuner and antenna too , is to set up a manual timer for the ota station of your choosing for say CBS and it will work just like the 722k does . I don't usually miss any time on a PTAT recording ,because if there is sports overuns, the PTAT recordings for all networks are adjusted to run over by an hour . Once the auto hop does it's job at 1:00am , the recordings are all adjusted to fit in the proper slot so you get the full recording for each show ,without commercials, if you choose it. So the hopper is pretty smart in how it handles the sports over runs.

Well I don't know what happened to Saturday's CBS 48 Hours program, but it ran about 20 minutes past end time, so the smart PTAT didn't adjust that one. LOL. We were able to watch the last 20 minutes from the manual backup timer that is set 10 to 11pm CST. I guess I better keep my manual timers for a backup.

I have 20 series timers set for each of our favorite PTAT shows. I do this because it is easier to select a PTAT recording to watch from the My Recordings folder instead of having to go into the PTAT folder to find it. Going to run a test tonite to see what happens. I went into my Timers folder and selected a PTAT program for tonite and edited the series timer to extend the end time 60 minutes. Then I went into the Daily Schedule folder to see if it was there and it wasn't. So in the morning I will check My Recordings folder, the recording should be there and I will see if it has the extra hour. Then I will go into the PTAT folder and also see if it has an hour extension too. Adding the hour extension to the PTAT series timer does cause it to use an additional tuner. I went into the guide and added additional timers for the time frame of the extension (9 to 10pm CST) and got a conflict when I added the fourth timer. So I don't think I like doing the hour extension to a PTAT series timer since it uses a tuner up. It will be easier for me to manage the three manual backup timers I have set for 10 to 11pm CST. I will report back in the morning what how the hour extension test goes.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Hope it works for you. I'll check back tomorrow and see if it did.

Well, things didn't work out for some reason. Last nite I had my series timer for the The Biggest Loser end late saved with 60 minutes. Checked My Recordings folder this morning, The Biggest Loser was there but it did not record the extra 60 minutes. So checked the program in the PTAT folder and again The biggest Loser did not have the extra 60 minutes. I know it was set correct and there was no timer conflict issues. So, beats me MikeD-C05. I am not too concerned with it because I am going to stick with my manual timers set for 10 to 11pm CST for the PTAT channels to cover any program overage end late issues.

patmurphey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 29, 2006
New Jersey
Well, things didn't work out for some reason. Last nite I had my series timer for the The Biggest Loser end late saved with 60 minutes. Checked My Recordings folder this morning, The Biggest Loser was there but it did not record the extra 60 minutes. So checked the program in the PTAT folder and again The biggest Loser did not have the extra 60 minutes. I know it was set correct and there was no timer conflict issues. So, beats me MikeD-C05. I am not too concerned with it because I am going to stick with my manual timers set for 10 to 11pm CST for the PTAT channels to cover any program overage end late issues.

You have to unskip the edited timer in the Daily Schedule and thereby use another tuner to get the extra time. I used to do that for CSI Miami when CBS was constantly delaying it.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Either way it sounds like you will have to babysit the problem to make sure it does record all of the show the way you want.

Yep, well the test went good last nite since I forgot to unskip the timer the nite before as patmurphey pointed out to me. My series timer did record the extra hour and the PTAT timer did not. Yep MikeD-C05 on the babysit. I think the easiest for me will be the three network series daily timers from 10 to 11PM CST. I keep a close eye on the schedule and it will be a lot easier for me to "skip" the timers as required.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I don't usually miss any time on a PTAT recording ,because if there is sports overuns, the PTAT recordings for all networks are adjusted to run over by an hour . Once the auto hop does it's job at 1:00am , the recordings are all adjusted to fit in the proper slot so you get the full recording for each show ,without commercials, if you choose it. So the hopper is pretty smart in how it handles the sports over runs.

MikeD-C05, last nite PTAT 48 Hours program and the programs before the Hopper adjusted for the sports overrun. I think I had noticed this happen too one other time but wasn't sure. Is this pretty reliable or does the Hopper sometimes does not adjust for the run over programs? What about during the week if something non sports causes the PTAT programs to run behind have you seen the Hopper adjust for that too?

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 27, 2004
You can configure PTAT by going to Menu-->Settings-->Dvr-->PTAT. You can select the network, day of week and number of days to keep recordings. Use the DVR button to access PTAT and My Recordings. Right clicking on any PTAT recording offers you the option to Save or Save Series which will set a timer and save a copy to My Recrodings. You can also set timer for a Network show and PTAT will find it and save it automatically in My Recordings.

Use the Blue shortcut button to delete a highlighted show or folder.

So if you choose "save series", will this automatically save future PTAT recordings of this show to hopper HD? (My Recordings)

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
So if you choose "save series", will this automatically save future PTAT recordings of this show to hopper HD? (My Recordings)

Yes if you have a series timer set for a PTAT program it will save and be located in your My Recordings. I have 26 of them now and they all work good. They do count toward the 96 timer limit, but will not cause any scheduling priority issues unless you have extended the end time to the timer.

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
MikeD-C05, last nite PTAT 48 Hours program and the programs before the Hopper adjusted for the sports overrun. I think I had noticed this happen too one other time but wasn't sure. Is this pretty reliable or does the Hopper sometimes does not adjust for the run over programs? What about during the week if something non sports causes the PTAT programs to run behind have you seen the Hopper adjust for that too?

Well last nite all the CBS PTAT programs did a good job overlapping for the sports overrun except for the last one (9pm CST). Hopper didn't adjust for that one. I guess I will keep my manual timers for 10 to 11pm CST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)