Push the little red button...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coreyva

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Boise
Looking on Directv's site for the olympic guide it says

What time will NBC Universal's coverage of men's track and field begin? Which channel is showing soccer, wrestling or gymnastics? Use the Olympics Guide to find answers to schedule questions.^ Simply press the RED button on your remote to call up the MENU. Then highlight and select "Olympics Guide."

Great! Unfortunately, pushing the button on my remote does nothing.
HR20 - check
Universal remote - check
pushing red button - check
anything happening - nope

Yellow button gives the tv options and blue gives the one-line guide. Red button works fine within the list to delete recordings.

What gives?

Is this an interactive feature? If so a user must have an IA receiver; correct? Is yours? I am at work right now so just guessing because I can't test it.

It might be that since the ONLY activity right now is the NBC flagship coverage of the Opening Ceremonies that there is nothing for the little red button to do. I would be more concerned about it not working after midnight when the tale delay stops and the real "live" coverage begins.

Is this an interactive feature? If so a user must have an IA receiver; correct? Is yours? I am at work right now so just guessing because I can't test it.

Hmm, I'm not sure. If you go here and click on "NBC Olympics Guide" across the top, it shows what I'm referencing. As far as an interactive receiver, I'm not sure. I know it will do VOD.

I missed he had an HR20 which is IA; I may be leaning toward ATP's reply. I wish I was home to test it with the HR20 and H21

It might be that since the ONLY activity right now is the NBC flagship coverage of the Opening Ceremonies that there is nothing for the little red button to do. I would be more concerned about it not working after midnight when the tale delay stops and the real "live" coverage begins.

Makes sense, as long as it isn't working for anyone else.

BTW you guys are fast at replying. I didn't see the two previous while replying to my own thread. Gotta love that!

Yesterday I could not bring any of these channels up, but today I can, but there is no broadcast on any of them, which leads me to believe they won’t start until tomorrow (sat) when the games actually begin.

Well finally home and watching the channels and the red interactive button does in fact work on my HR20 and H21.

yup - I'm switching between a couple of channels right now - and i have the internet feeds showing the cycling, badminton, and rowing ... I'm about to OD on sports coverage :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)