Put old Orby set top boxes to use.

The last tablo player I bought takes a sata hard drive. Once you connected it to tablo, you had to format hard drive. The tablo has a menu to format the harddive. So if you still have the fta box maybe you can format it with your tuner box.

the last tablo player I bought uses a sata hard
I don't remember it having a format menu but I'll dig it out and see.

I don't remember it having a format menu but I'll dig it out and see.
For quite a while now, Windows hasn't let you format a hard drive that doesn't have a DOS or Windows partition through the file explorer; you have to go into disk management and create a partition first. At least in theory. In practice, I've sometimes had to resort to Linux to do the job if the drive has in fact not been blank but had a Linux or Mac partition table instead.

Reactions: FTA4PA
For those who have used DVR drives and they arent recognized in a Windows PC, etc.
The PUIS (Power Up In Standby) bit in the drive has to be set. Use HDAT to do that. Pretty easy really.
See Q19. Dish drives I know do this when attached to other computers.

Reactions: FTA4PA
For those who have used DVR drives and they arent recognized in a Windows PC, etc.
The PUIS (Power Up In Standby) bit in the drive has to be set. Use HDAT to do that. Pretty easy really.
See Q19. Dish drives I know do this when attached to other computers.
Got my new drive enclosure today and inserted the Orby drive and plugged it into my old laptop, and it wasn't recognized. Clicked on "help" and there were instructions on how to format a drive. Stumbled around a little bit and got it formatted, and downloaded a ton of pictures and MP3s, and still have 460 gigs open. Bonus!

Attachments

• 20210322_173116.jpg
    20210322_173116.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 192

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)