putting a receiver on hold?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
I have 6 receivers, but right now one of them isn't being used(and might not be used for another year and a half). Is there anyway where I can put this receiver on hold so I don't get charged for it, but still have it for when it will be re-needed?

yes you can I have 2 receivers on hold so there is no recover kit requested from DTV
just ask them to put in on hold or suspend receiver

yes you can I have 2 receivers on hold so there is no recover kit requested from DTV
just ask them to put in on hold or suspend receiver

Your not getting charged for it are you, monthly ?

I think you can also turn recvrs on and off as needed also.

no I asked them to suspend my leased receiver so when I have family in for the winter months they will turn it on.

Your not getting charged for it are you, monthly ?

I think you can also turn recvrs on and off as needed also.

No we can put indivual recievers on hold. We still disc them but we have a code in out system for short term deactivations that would keeps a recovery kit from being issued.

No we can put indivual recievers on hold. We still disc them but we have a code in out system for short term deactivations that would keeps a recovery kit from being issued.

Thanks Stone,
I figured they had something like this, but it's good to know.

I was told it was suspend receiver and it would not be activated until I call back. Stonecold does it auto turn on after a period of time

I was told it was suspend receiver and it would not be activated until I call back. Stonecold does it auto turn on after a period of time

No it the indivual reciver hold is not like putting an account on hold. But leave an indivual reciever on hold long enough like 8+ months the account might get audited and a prepaid fedex box show up at your door with the option of turning said reciever back on or putting it in the box. But audits seldom happen this is not dish network.

I'm on hold right now because the CSR that I asked to have my one receiver on hold or suspend and he said they can not do it. So I've been on hold for 15 minutes waiting. He then came back on and said that a supervisor will be with me but he said that they can not do it.

Unbelieveable. I talked to a supervisor and he told me that there was no way of putting the receiver on hold or suspending a receiver. He could suspend the account but not the receiver. After me screaming and he finally said that he could try and un-mirror the receiver to the card which would deactivate the receiver and make it unusable. So my question is why did it take me to start screaming at him and threatning him before he was able to find a solution? Why does it have to be this hard. It's the right thing to do. Why pay for a receiver when you're not using it. I'm paying good money for this service and they treat you like a moron. I'd love to tell Direct to come get your equipment and shove it. But it's not worth the fight and a fight that I would lose even though I've only been with them for 3 weeks. They should have a month grace period because things aren't always like they are suppose and teh way they tell you it should be, but you don't have a leg to stand on. You shouldn't be able to call and get different information from one CSR and then a complete different answer from another. OK I feel better venting now. Thanks

No it the indivual reciver hold is not like putting an account on hold. But leave an indivual reciever on hold long enough like 8+ months the account might get audited and a prepaid fedex box show up at your door with the option of turning said reciever back on or putting it in the box. But audits seldom happen this is not dish network.
I believe you, but it's totally differnt when you talk to them. I supposely talked to a "supervisor" He was so cold and arrigent. I told hime everything that I was told on here and he said it was totally wrong, but he was able to help me out anyways....what a nice guy.

Unbelieveable. I talked to a supervisor and he told me that there was no way of putting the receiver on hold or suspending a receiver. He could suspend the account but not the receiver. After me screaming and he finally said that he could try and un-mirror the receiver to the card which would deactivate the receiver and make it unusable. So my question is why did it take me to start screaming at him and threatning him before he was able to find a solution? Why does it have to be this hard. It's the right thing to do. Why pay for a receiver when you're not using it. I'm paying good money for this service and they treat you like a moron. I'd love to tell Direct to come get your equipment and shove it. But it's not worth the fight and a fight that I would lose even though I've only been with them for 3 weeks. They should have a month grace period because things aren't always like they are suppose and teh way they tell you it should be, but you don't have a leg to stand on. You shouldn't be able to call and get different information from one CSR and then a complete different answer from another. OK I feel better venting now. Thanks

Unmirroring wont fix the issue. The proper way to do it is to hit the deactivate button on there screen and then pick the reason code and one of them is for a seasonal hold. It deactivates the reciever and keeps it from having a recovery kit issued.

I believe you, but it's totally differnt when you talk to them. I supposely talked to a "supervisor" He was so cold and arrigent. I told hime everything that I was told on here and he said it was totally wrong, but he was able to help me out anyways....what a nice guy.

Did you get any of there employee IDs if you give me there ids I can tell you the call center.

No I didn't get his id number. Should I call back tomorrow and double check and make sure that I will not be charged anymore? What should I say to make sure? Thank you for your help

No I didn't get his id number. Should I call back tomorrow and double check and make sure that I will not be charged anymore? What should I say to make sure? Thank you for your help

un mirroring the reciever works as fair as not charging you for the box.

it goingto keep you from chaninging programing adding equipment , or refreshing yoru reciviers online though.

un mirroring the reciever works as fair as not charging you for the box.

it goingto keep you from chaninging programing adding equipment , or refreshing yoru reciviers online though.

I don't think I will be adding anymore equipment, but I know I will be adding the NFL package in the fall and I think I would want to be able to refresh my receivers. What would you do? Thanks Stone I appreciate your help

I just went on to view my account and I can not view my equipment because my receivers are not mirrored anymore. From what everyone was saying on here it would be real easy to put a receiver on hold or to suspend one. Does anyone know what I should say or do when I call back to fix this. Or am I at the mercy of a CSR?

I just went on to view my account and I can not view my equipment because my receivers are not mirrored anymore. From what everyone was saying on here it would be real easy to put a receiver on hold or to suspend one. Does anyone know what I should say or do when I call back to fix this. Or am I at the mercy of a CSR?

Mark I send you a pm about this as it not something I want out in the public.

After spending another half hour on the phone and going through a supervisor. The answer I'm getting is NO YOU CAN NOT put a receiver on hold for any length of time if you do not own the receiver. THey have you!!!! I would love to find a way to get out of my contract. I explained to the guy I'm only talking 3 months, 15.00 total and there is no way to do it. He said absolutely not. Nothing else I can do.

My advice to people thinking of signing up for Direct is to do your homework before you signup. Plan what you need, what you don't need ahead of time. Because they got ya!!!

I have 2 LEASED receivers suspended/hold not sure what to call it They put it in so no recovery kit is sent...
Stonecold probably knows the name.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)