Q about second LNBF for additional sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtcombs

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I've got a 24" dish with linear LNBF pointed at IA-5 (Telstar 5). I'd like
to hang another DSS LNBF on the arm to pick up Dishnetwork at the 110 slot.
It is 13 degrees from the IA-5. Am I correct that I hang it 13 offset from
the centerline of the dish? Will this work?

moving to FTA section :)

welcome :wave

The only thing really FTA on 110 is Gol TV :)

but if you are standing behind the dish,you would put it left of the KU band...its really trial and error since there is elevation difference involved.

Thanks for the info. Actually I'm a subscriber to Dish from way back but never had a Dish 500. Because of my geography, the Dish 500 won't work where I have the old Dish 300. I can see the 110 slot from where my other 24" dish is. Looking mainly for the 9 day guide and some of the FCC mandated channels.

13 degs difference. I can do 10 with my dish 300 so I think 13 should be possible with a 24". As you face the sats, looking at the back of the dish, put the LNBF to the left of the IA5 one. Need to find where to hold it. Use the Dish network receiver to show signal. Then once you find where to hold it use hose clamps and a plastic wedge for a spacer.

Please report your findings and take a picture of what you made.
If you can put the dish 300 up it will give the best signal.

What FCC mandated channels are you looking for? There are some on G10R, the research channels.

Good luck!

jtcombs said:
Thanks for the info. Actually I'm a subscriber to Dish from way back but never had a Dish 500. Because of my geography, the Dish 500 won't work where I have the old Dish 300. I can see the 110 slot from where my other 24" dish is. Looking mainly for the 9 day guide and some of the FCC mandated channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA Setup Help...

Now I know what's up there but...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)