QPSK modulator...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
does it exist? Can one be had for in-home distribution for a decent price? Just curious. Been thinking about some ideas. (No, not Captain midnight stuff) Just in-home distribution to FTA receivers. (since they receive QPSK in the 1st place)

how about using SAT splitters and then feeding the Loop Out to the rest of the receivers in the house?. Of course you could only watch channels on the same polarity off the same bird the master receiver is tune to. Or you could loop then all in a serial connection. make sure you set LNB OFF on the other slave receivers then.

Can one be had ... for a decent price?

Occasionally I check around for such an item. All I've ever found was headend type stuff. Much more versatile than what in-HOME distribution would require, and obviously costs much more than what could be considered reasonable for such an application.

A question for you.. What kind of inputs are you looking for? We want an all in one solution, ADCs, image processor, MPEG encoder, right? I can't imagine doing without composite and component inputs, along with a digital option. Thinking about it, it just got that much more expensive... ugh.

I might be looking in the wrong places (well, for example, not local flea markets), but it seems a modulator in that price range would not include any video digitizing and processing. They merely take a data stream and modulate it; not a complete solution until other boxes are added. I could easily be missing something here however, never having used such equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)