QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As I see from your posts, Uknown USB Device with a Generic driver is registered there, and that driver and label get linked in Windows Registry to your sat tuner. Delete Unknown Device in Device Manager, and follow above suggestions.

That is not in Device Manager. When you plug the device into the USB port that screen comes up. But nothing ever is added to Device Manager.

In anycase Device Manager is back to normal.

Last edited:
OK, if Add New Hardware Wizard starts and shows this message, I assume you then follow the routing to point to the right driver, which Windows doesn't accept. May be you're pointing to the wrong file? Can you post series of screenshots with Windows messages that follow connection of the device and your actions?

Can you drop the installed driver inf file into Notepad++ window, save as .txt and post it here? Have you uninstalled all previous driver versions and cleaned up your PC with CCleaner? Did you run Everest after accepting the Generic driver for your tuner to find out the attached Unknown device's name, manufacturer and other data?

Last edited:
Interesting enough add new hardware manager never starts.

I'll attempt that next.

Looked back at that post and that was with the old LME software that came on the cd. Device Manager did show that (Unknown Device) with original software.

After deleting that and using the new driver you pointed me to on the LME web site, nothing gets added to Device Manager.

Can you post your OLD driver file pics from CD Properties like shown below? Attach a .txt file with NEW driver INF file content as well. For sure, we can make it work, probably 1-st time in N/A, as other reported, even if it's chipsets are dead. :)

Attachments

• Driver 1.jpg
    Driver 1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Driver 2.jpg
    Driver 2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 354
As it turns out, the drivers on the cd are the new ones.

Attachments

• LMEBDA_DVBS7395C_a.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 990
Last edited:
Step by step.

Attachments

• LME_Install.jpg
    LME_Install.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Install_readme.jpg
    Install_readme.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 385
  • Readme.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 813
It looks like the device is supposed to be connected before driver installation starts. Old LMEBDA_DVBS7395C driver is V1.4c, and bundled in one package with old Blaze Player. It tries to check for a new version before install. Did you switch your A/V & Firewall Soft OFF? Cleanup your PC and try that before installing the old driver once again. Hopefully, it will update to latest version over the web before install.

If it can't update anyway, install the new driver you downloaded. If you already installed it, what's the sys file name and version? Its installer version is 1.6.4. If you can't uninstall the drivers, and don't have any Uninstaller soft, try manually delete all LME driver files you can find by File Search, and all its entries from Registry using Regedit search for entries mentioned in the file and similar. Then reboot PC, reconnect the device and reinstall the new driver (not bundled with Blaze). It should work, but channel switching & locking would probably work normally only in Blaze. Install the latest Blaze package from the player site. Everest may show the actual USB device make & ID.

Last edited:
Cleaned pc and checked to make sure all lme files deleted.

Installed 1.6.24

BlazeVideo V 3.5 is last free software. I am more familiar with ProgDVB.

Unknown Device, select inf. file repository.

File name is: lme_dvbs7395c.inf_58f5054e Will Vista read that extension?

In that file is lmebda_dvbs7395c.sys
by MICE dtv card driver dated 10/9/2009 Ver. 1.0.0.0

What if you point Add New Hardware to lmebda_dvbs7395c.sys in windows/system32/drivers folder? Try to find the same inf file in another Win folder. Also, I assume, you did all recommended (not mandatory) Vista Media Center updates, since the new driver & installer may reflect these updates.

At this point MS Tech support and LME Support will be good place to follow. User efforts in this regard are limited to correct driver install, other steps would require more knowledge, tools and info, available only to the device manufacturer - LME in this case. You may want to email them detail snapshots of Add New Hardware Wizard and Driver Install messages. :)

The tuners may be assembled by different vendors or branded differently, possibly with brand firmware uploaded that IDs the device differently. I wonder, if anyone can report success working with similar QQ-box, and what did it take to get there?

Last edited:
I found a thread or two about two to three years old in the european market. One guy actually got it to scan channels. I guess they pulled it from that market and are now dumping it in the USA. All of these devices from QQ have the euro style wall plugs. This last eBayer in China I bought this from was as disappointed as me that it would't work. He gave me a refund without me asking for it. Nice guy Sindya I think was his screen name.

I'll continue to play with it from time to time. If I get any positive results. i'll post.

Thanks again Zamar23

What's the model number of its power adapter? Can it handle 110 V / 60 Hz? What's its wattage? Anything about power requirements in the tuner spec or manual? May be it's really simple...

I bought once a small Toshiba USB Drive which didn't want to register or start ever. Guess what: "Unknown Device". I went to the vendor's website only to see hundreds of bad reviews for this drive. It sounded suspicious. Since the drive had only one USB cable, but no Power Adaptor and non-standard hard to find power connector, I suspected insufficient power, and bought a USB cable with an extra USB connector on one end. Hooked up both USB connectors to my laptop, and vu a la... The drive immediately shown up, and has being working perfectly ever since. I since replaced this cable with 2 cables: one USB and another USB-to-Power connector to avoid passing extra power required through its USB & SATA chipset.

Last edited:
There are no markings on this power cube. It has Euro pins and vendor was kind to throw a $20 US/Euro adapter. The QQ Box is labeled for 7.5 VDC and I measured 8.4 VDC out of it.

Considering that this has to drive a 300 ma H-H motor, supply switches and LNBF as well as power the QQ Box, the supply weighs only a few ounces.

Could be a problem.

I sent off a detailed e mail to LME. Just wait an hope now.

Vista will not load the driver from c:\windows\system 32\drivers or \file repository. Says those locations don't exist and I don't have authority.
I even corrected the file extension by copy to another location. rename to .inf and Bill wouldn"t let me copy it back to \drivers or \file repository.

Don't you just love to hate Bill Gates. ;-)

I hope, you logged in as Admin before doing that. Don't rename anything in system folders. I was curious enough about this stubborn cheap tuner to contact LME myself. That's what I got just now:

"Please kindly try some times. If the problem is still ,I think there is some bug in your hardware, if this, please kindly contact to your vendor.Thanks." :)

I'm still curious, if Everest can read its ID, make and model? Btw, there should be Serial interface on the PCB to talk to it, but one would probably need to solder a pin header, make a cable (ask LME for wiring diagram), and have LME Diagnostic software for it. May be you can ask to e-mail you latest Diag Utility and standard Firmware? I wonder, if its buggy branded firmware can be re-flashed with LME standard. At times it's done during driver installation routing, and you can ask for such installer as well. FTA hobby has no boundaries... :)

USB2.0 PCTV Controller IC

Features:

USB2.0 transceiver
Flash controller for U-disk function (LME2520 only)
Support all digital TV standards (DVB-T/C/S, DMB-TH, T-DMB, CMMB, ATSC, ISDB-T,...)
Support SDTV and HDTV reception
Built-in enhanced microcontroller, support user program downloading
I2C serial interface for tuner and demodulator control
Built-in PID filtering
7mm X 7mm 64-pin LQFP small package

Last edited:
LME is a Fabless vendor and seem to be connected to a university in China. They are operating off of Chinese venture capitol.

It would be possible for me to re-flash the firmware if I had the correct software.

I will ask them for test point voltages first.

The PCB is very clean and flow soldered, looks first class.

Did you use the Sales email address?

I used their sales email, but it seems to be answered by a tech. You can ask them for a typical detail Spec for such DVB-S USB Tuner, including requirements to its Power Adapter. Let them know your chipset models, and ask how to re-flash the firmware. Hope, it can be done automatically via USB as part of its driver installation routing or separately. But one should be able to de-brick such unit via Serial. They should also know, who makes these tuners.

If there're no markings on your PS, how do you know, its suitable for US market? What's the measured OUT Voltage on the adapter, how it depends on its load? May be try a different one of decent quality made for N/A? Required LNB Power output from QQ-box should be : 25V DC 400mA (Max).

Last edited:
I sent LME another email requesting test point voltages and sent them a pic of the board.

The Chinglish reply that you received may be the extent of their English. Compare that to the reply that Starman got from DVBWorld in that thread. If the DVBWorld USB Receiver comes down, i'll buy one of them. Right now it's to pricy for a cops salary.

The voltage readings I got were good for the USB port and it looks like the LME2510C uses the PC USB supply of 5 Volts to operate and the power qube supplies the tuner F port connector with voltage via the switching power supply. Without the driver working there are no voltages on the F port.

Now just wait for more info. from LME. Did kinda sound like they are passing the buck to QQ Box. They never answered my emails.

They never answered my emails.
With such tuner performance, I guess they're not talking to cops. Hope, they'll reveal who makes this stuff. :) May be you can ask Ice to rename this thread to "QQ-Box USB DVB-S Tuner - Unknown Device?" to warn potential buyers?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)