QUAD LNB Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

er1ckr

Original poster
Jul 26, 2007
Pompton Lakes, NJ
Hi folks,

I am looking to verify the connection for my set up. Hope that some of you guys can lend me a hand.

I have a 36" Fortec Star Dish w/ Quad Polar LNB (QPH-031). Also, SG-2100 Motor. My intentions are to install two CONAXSAT Mini's so I purchased two DiSEqC 2.0 (EMP - Centauri P.164-IW) as per recommended by dealer.

After some reasearch I found that I need to make my connections this way: LNB > DiSEqC > Motor > Receiver. No problem...

So I am using one set of the LNB (C & L) to two inputs on switch #1 and the output of switch #1 to the motor and from the motor to the receiver #1...

The other set of the LNB (C & L) to two inputs on swith #2 and the output of switch #2 to receiver #2.

Here are my questions:
1- On the Quad LNB do I have to use any specific C & L ports for either connection?

2- Do I need to use any specific port on the switch of the four available? or can I just use 1 & 2 for both set ups?

3- How can I control the motor from both receivers with the equipment that I already own? or do i need to use a multiswitch?

Any help or recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Erick R.

Here are my questions:
1- On the Quad LNB do I have to use any specific C & L ports for either connection?
2- Do I need to use any specific port on the switch of the four available? or can I just use 1 & 2 for both set ups?
3- How can I control the motor from both receivers with the equipment that I already own? or do i need to use a multiswitch?
Sounds like a nice collection of hardware, and it's hooked up properly.
I've seen the Mini at the swap meet, sold by/to hackers, but don't know anything about it.

3). normally, only one receiver gets to control the motor.
2). it's preferable to use 1 so it works by default, and then 2 would be a logical second choice.
1). no - I think I'd hook input 1 of a diseqc switch to a L output, and input 2 to a C output, but that's just me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts