Quad LNB question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zhongyi

Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
I am putting together my first FTA system. I ordered the Pansat 3500. Now I am deciding which dish/LNB to get. The Invacom QPH-031 looks great. I have a few questions.

1) Can a quad LNB be easily hooked up to one receiver. If so, I imagine it involves a DiSEqC switch. Will the 4x1 switch shipping with the Pansat work?

2) Can the Invacom QPH-031 be connected to my sub'ed Dishnet receiver. My current subscription is spread over 4 satellites, but the superdish will only receive 3 at one time. Right now I can't get the locals. This brings me to ...

3) If #2 is true, I obviously need an external controller to move the dish for the Dishnet receiver. Would an external controller confuse the internal controller of the Pansat i.e. one controller thinks the dish is at position "A", when it was moved to position "B" by the other one. If so, can an external controller be used with the Pansat with no problems?

Thanks

zhongyi said:
I am putting together my first FTA system. I ordered the Pansat 3500. Now I am deciding which dish/LNB to get. The Invacom QPH-031 looks great. I have a few questions.

1) Can a quad LNB be easily hooked up to one receiver. If so, I imagine it involves a DiSEqC switch. Will the 4x1 switch shipping with the Pansat work?
yes it will work. You only need 2 of the ports for the FTA

2) Can the Invacom QPH-031 be connected to my sub'ed Dishnet receiver. My current subscription is spread over 4 satellites, but the superdish will only receive 3 at one time. Right now I can't get the locals. This brings me to ...
I take it you have a SD for Int'l? What cities locals do you need? You really should use a separate Dish for Dish Network because when you move off of the satellite, the receievr goofs up

I take it you have a SD for Int'l? What cities locals do you need?

I sent an e-mail to Pansat yesterday about the SD slot and CAM cards. They said it only will work for Conax. If I want to use a different protocol, such as Viaccess, I need a different receiver such as the 5000HC or 500CI. My locals are for NY,NJ. They are on the 61.5 sat. My superdish is tuned for 110, 119, and 121.

you can get that 2nd dish for FREEEEEEEEEE by calling Dish Network

They have to include the switches, dish, install for FREEEEEEEE due to must carry

Call Dish and tell them you have locals on the 2nd dish.

The "SD" that Ice was refering to is the Dish Network SuperDish, not the SD slot on the Pansat 3500s

For clairification, the 4 ports on the invacom LNB do not all need to be connected to the reciever.. there are two types of antenna in that LNB, and each has two ports, so you have two linear ports, and two circular ports. If you need/want to view circular birds (Echostar 3, 6/8, 7, 1/2, and Nimiq 1/3, and 2) then you will need to switch to the circular output.. All other FTA satellites use the linear port.

when he quoted your statement about the superdish, he was talking about the CAM and SD slots on the reciever.. I just wanted to make sure it was all clear :)

For the record, I thought SD slot. Rereading it, superdish makes a lot more sense. Yes, my wife is Chinese and we get the Chinese package, 17 channels I think. Again, thanks everyone for the info.

For clairification, the 4 ports on the invacom LNB do not all need to be connected to the reciever

I assume any unused ports will need to be treminated.

zhongyi said:
For the record, I thought SD slot. Rereading it, superdish makes a lot more sense. Yes, my wife is Chinese and we get the Chinese package, 17 channels I think. Again, thanks everyone for the info.

ok I was wrong :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts