Question about 3x4 Multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

enb141

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Central America
I was looking to put two PCI DVB Tuner cards (Set Top Box) with a 3x4 multiswitch but what I see is that they have in the 3x part they have 18v + CATV/ANTENA + 13v so my question is how I do hook up those 18v + 13v?

And my other question is if I can add a DiSEqc switch to that setup?

you need a dual output LNB to be able to use the multiswitch properly

Both outputs of the LNB go to the 13v & 18v on the multiswitch then hook up to 4 receivers to it

diseqc switch goes between the output of the multiswitch and the receiver

I got it so basically if I'm using 4 sats with a DiSEqC then I wanna use 2 receiver I'm gonna need two DiSEqC switches + each LNB must have twice output in order to archive this?

Take a stroll through the Switches Simplified FAQ.
There are examples, and a lot of basic switch knowledge.
Should bring you up to speed. :)

4 RG6 female terminals for up to four receivers or pc cards. 18V input from LNB (horizontal signals). 13V input from other terminal of same LNB (vertical signals). An advanced user may choose to use a second lnb for the second terminal. Do not use the antenna input as they always cause havoc on pc cards. Some switches have a 20 VDC input which is useful if your dish is located more than 150 feet from the receiver.

In your case where you have four sats and two recievers, you do not need this switch if you have dual outputs on each lnb. If you do want use this switch, normally it is one switch per sat. Therfore you would need four switches.

Last edited:
I was trying to find those manuals that you said but I don't know where are them that's why I'm asking here.

So if you think that switch is not good, where can I buy it or what kind of switch should I use instead?

Thanks for the link, that's what I was looking for, so now I just need to know if 8x1 DiSEqC switches exists or where can I buy them because I haven't seen them for sale online.

Digiwave 8x1's is what I use. Haven't had any switch problems since I switched to them either.

If you look in our Hardware Review department, two or three different brands are reviewed.
Some people use and swear by other 8x1 diseqc switches, but the only one I'd buy is the Digiwave.

And if you'll read the entire Switches Simplified FAQ, you can probably come up with a way to hook up all the LNBs and receivers you want, with regular old 4x1 diseqc switches.
Those will work just fine with any old receiver.

I always recommend whatever solution is simpler, since you will generally find it most compatible with more equipment.
That is to say, any receiver will run the 4x1's. ;)

Yeah, the reason why I'm looking to this 8x1 is because is the cheaper way to add more than 4 satellites to one receiver.

By the way I just bought mine, a DMS International 8x1, I hope it works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts