Question about adding another receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsakoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
VA.
I just bought another HD TV and want to add another receiver so I can get HD on that TV. I currently only have a 622 running my two TV's. If I buy another HD receiver can I just un hook TV 2 and connect the new receiver to that connection? Also will I still be able to record 2 shows on my 622 with only one TV hooked up? I am trying to figure out if I need to have an installer come back out or is it something I could do myself.

I just bought another HD TV and want to add another receiver so I can get HD on that TV. I currently only have a 622 running my two TV's. If I buy another HD receiver can I just un hook TV 2 and connect the new receiver to that connection? YES.

Also will I still be able to record 2 shows on my 622 with only one TV hooked up? YES.

I am trying to figure out if I need to have an installer come back out or is it something I could do myself.

You can do this yourself. You can run them in single mode, or keep one in dual mode with TV2 feeding an SDTV.

Of course, you'll need two cables from the dish to the new dual tuner receiver (assuming it's dual tuner) or one line and a separator.

If you know what you're doing, you can do it yourself.

You can record two shows on your 622 (actually 3 counting the ATSC tuner) regardless of any TVs that may or may not be connected. If you have no TV connected to the TV2 output, then you probably want to put the 622 in single mode. That way you can have PIP on your HDTV.

Note that TV2 outputs are only standard definition. So disconnecting an SD TV from the TV2 outputs and using the old cable to go from a new HD receiver to a new HDTV will probably work, but it won't be HD. You have to use either the HDMI or component outputs from the new receiver to get HD on your new TV, and those signals won't go over a single coax.

If I buy another HD receiver can I just un hook TV 2 and connect the new receiver to that connection?
The new receiver will have to have its own RG6 line from the dish (or external switch), so it depends on how the existing TV2 line is routed.
Also will I still be able to record 2 shows on my 622 with only one TV hooked up?
Of course, and make that 3 if you add OTA. If you're no longer going to feed an independent TV2, put the 622 in Single Mode. That will allow you to use PIP, and also not have Record Plus restrict when you can watch a live channel separate from the one being recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)