Question About AM21 With Locals In Two Cities

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
I'm back in Columbus for the rest of the Summer and I was wondering if I could plug the local Columbus channels here into my AM21 without updating my service address? I'm coming from New Jersey (NY DMA) and I can still get my 4 basic locals from there on a conus signal. So can the AM21 add the Columbus locals to the guide, or will there be a problem because the box thinks it's still in NY?

Since the AM21 is the ATSC OTA tuner, you'll need a pretty big antenna to receive NY locals in Columbus. :)

Oh you are really talking about getting the Columbus locals from DirecTV on a box that thinks it's in NY. You'll need to upgrade your service address for each location.

Seriously, while in Columbus, you should be able to enter the Columbus zipcode into the AM21 setup and receive those via OTA.

Since the AM21 is the ATSC OTA tuner, you'll need a pretty big antenna to receive NY locals in Columbus. :)

Oh you are really talking about getting the Columbus locals from DirecTV on a box that thinks it's in NY. You'll need to upgrade your service address for each location.

Seriously, while in Columbus, you should be able to enter the Columbus zipcode into the AM21 setup and receive those via OTA.

Yes, the AM21 does not care what your service address is - you can put in any zip code you like in antenna initial setup and it will work if your off-air antenna is getting those signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts