Question about "Cars" branded TV set shutting off.

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
A couple of years ago we bought a small Disney "Cars" branded TV for our kid's room. This model: Disney

The last month or so it's been randomly shutting off by itself while being used. Sometimes right after it's turned on, sometimes as much as an hour into use. Not sure if there's a short somewhere in it, or something else. It's never been jostled or abused. It's always sat right on their dresser. Any ideas?

Sounds like something is overheating. Aside from vacuuming it out not much you can do. TVs are pretty much not repairable any more. Cheaper to buy a new one.

If you or someone you know is proficient in soldering, a lot of problems are caused by parts heating up and creating a bad or cold solder joint. Years ago when I had my electronics repair shop probably 1/3 of the TV sets were fixed by re-soldering bad spots. Any solder joints that have what looks like a ring around or in the solder should be re-soldered. Do not try if you cannot solder well. Most techs will not touch a set when they look inside and see a botched solder job. Hope this helps.

I havent had that problem, but the girlfriends boy has a cars television in his room too. His granda got it for his birthday and not even a month the dvd player in it broke. We ended up getting him a cheap upconvert player from meijer's for 10 bucks.

Does this have a DVD or VCR built in. I had a small TV for the kids room with a built in VCR that did exactly what you are describing. I took it to a place that does free estimates for repair and it ended up being the mechinisim in the VCR deck that shut the TV off after a tape ended and it autoejected. There was a swich tied into the eject mech. that was bad. Cost me about $20 to repair. Not bad at all considering how much time the place put into it.

Does this have a DVD or VCR built in. I had a small TV for the kids room with a built in VCR that did exactly what you are describing. I took it to a place that does free estimates for repair and it ended up being the mechinisim in the VCR deck that shut the TV off after a tape ended and it autoejected. There was a swich tied into the eject mech. that was bad. Cost me about $20 to repair. Not bad at all considering how much time the place put into it.

It has a DVD player built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)