Question About Dish's Online Subscriber Accounts

ancient_dragon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
South Jersey
I am currently trying to decide between Directv and Dish for satellite service. I am tired of cable, and want to try out satellite and their DVR and see how I like it. My question though to Dish customers pertains to how they can control their account online. I see it described on Directv's website that you can update your programming packages, add/delete channels, pay/view bills, and the like.

On Dish's website I didn't see much described about their online accounts and what you can do online. Can some one give me a quick breakdown of some of the features? Can you change your programming package online, or add/remove premium channels? Or do you have to call customer service to do any adjustments? Also does online account give you any info about possible equipment upgrades and such. I'm assuming you can pay and view bills as almost any company allows that these days, I'm more looking as to if they offer anything beyond that as well.

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me to choose Directv over Dish if the online services are not as comprehensive as Directv. But do prefer to be able to adjust my accounts online, rather than having to call, but really it isn't a big issue cause either one is way better than the setup I have through comcast now. I would just like to know so I can have that as part of my Pro's/Con's list and help me know exactly what I'll get. Right now I am leaning towards Dish anyways, just want to know more of exactly what to expect.

To all your questions regarding Dish on-line capabilities, YES. In addition, they offer live Chat if you prefer not to call a CSR if ever the need would arise. If you do decide to go with Dish, do so through Dishstore for the best deals, knowledge and service. But here is the golden rule for people trying to decide between the two. If sports is a priority, go Direct. If not, and you are more into movies, go Dish.

As for the DishStore offer, I found out about that last night, and I def saw how good of an offer it is. So I do expect me to go that route. Its a great offer, and I saw it helps this site which I really liked since I started lurking here about a week ago, so another plus.

As for the golden rule, I am a sports guy though, which keeps making me desire Directv, but I really don't see me ever putting out the money for NFL Sunday Ticket or any of their packages, and Dish looks more like a friendly option for the whole family outside of me, being I'm only sports fan in it. The only channel I reall am going to miss will be GolTV cause I would love to watch Spanish league soccer.

As for Dish's online service, that is very nice to hear. From their FAQ and all, it seemed that they always said to call if you wanted to add any programming features and stuff. So I got the impression that their online account systems didn't allow you to do all those features online. I thought everything had to be done on the phone, no matter how little the change would be. Its good to hear I got the wrong impression and that you can indeed do all the various features online.

As for the DishStore offer, I found out about that last night, and I def saw how good of an offer it is. So I do expect me to go that route. Its a great offer, and I saw it helps this site which I really liked since I started lurking here about a week ago, so another plus.

As for the golden rule, I am a sports guy though, which keeps making me desire Directv, but I really don't see me ever putting out the money for NFL Sunday Ticket or any of their packages, and Dish looks more like a friendly option for the whole family outside of me, being I'm only sports fan in it. The only channel I reall am going to miss will be GolTV cause I would love to watch Spanish league soccer.

As for Dish's online service, that is very nice to hear. From their FAQ and all, it seemed that they always said to call if you wanted to add any programming features and stuff. So I got the impression that their online account systems didn't allow you to do all those features online. I thought everything had to be done on the phone, no matter how little the change would be. Its good to hear I got the wrong impression and that you can indeed do all the various features online.

Try the Sports package, its like 6 bucks, adds a ton of Sports Channels.

Dish Network Sports Packages --- Including ESPN Game Plan

This looks like a pretty accurate comparison of what the two offer. http://www.satellite.shopspot.net/sports.html

Yeah I'll probably try the sport package out for sure. But not sure if it will be worth it for me, as it doesn't have my local sports channels, and I have heard that there are a lot of blackouted games for out of region games. But its worth a try at 6 bucks and cancel if I'm not satisfied. Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts