Question about DTV "Locals"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
DTV is now offering these stations in the Monroe LOUISIANA-El Dorado ARKANASAS AREA:
Available Channels

Network Affiliate Local Channel # 3-Digit Channel #
(older receivers)
HD Channel PBS PBS 65

NBC NBC-NY

63 FOX FOX-NY

THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY LOCALS. Will DTV offer the actual local channels in this area in the near future? If yes, will it be in HD?

With Dish, I can receive my locals but choose to "live" in Baton Rouge to get network affiliates in HD.

I can receive my locals with my OTA antenna also and want to use this with Direct tv.
The local network issue for zip code 71260 is the only reason I stay with Dish. I will need a HD DVR and a HD Reciever. Any discounts or advice I need to know to get the best deal from DTV?

I have been with Dish since 1999. I am under no contract obligation.

Thxs in advance.

i thinking that mean DTV is your locals soon, like i live in Erie,Pa and for now i can NBC-NY FOX-NY and PBS and in September we get our real Locals

Here is the thread from about a month ago

DIRECTV will soon be launching local channels in additional markets. In the interim until locals are available, DIRECTV will be providing Distant Networks where:

1. there is no local station or
2. where there is a local station available, but based on waivers granted by the local broadcasters, Distant Networks can be provided temporarily.

and your market is one of them
* Monroe LA-El Dorado AR- Available out-of-market signals: FOX-NY, NBC-NY and PBS
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...giving-distants-some-markets-temporarily.html

so they are launching soon but in the interim you'll get NY stations for the ones posted. Once they launch your locals in HD (soon) the NY stations will be replaced with your local ones

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts