Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
I have a question, is DTV adding anymore channels to the HD package of 9.99$ anymore or are all the new channels going to the 4.99$ HD Extra package?

When do we have until to sign up for the HD Extra pack, the offer that you get 3 months free when you sign up for it.

The $9.99 HD Package went away and was replaced by a $9.99 HD Access fee (now required for any new HD receiver activations), which allows you to access any HD versions of SD channels in your subscribed package. Those channels which did not have SD equivalents were moved into the HD Extra package (with a few exceptions). When any new HD-only channels are added in the future, it would be reasonable to expect them to be in the HD Extra package, but I haven't seen any announcements.

I expect the whole package arrangement will be reorganized at some point in the (not too far) future in any case.

The $9.99 HD Package went away and was replaced by a $9.99 HD Access fee (now required for any new HD receiver activations), which allows you to access any HD versions of SD channels in your subscribed package. Those channels which did not have SD equivalents were moved into the HD Extra package (with a few exceptions). When any new HD-only channels are added in the future, it would be reasonable to expect them to be in the HD Extra package, but I haven't seen any announcements.

I expect the whole package arrangement will be reorganized at some point in the (not too far) future in any case.

Thanks Bob, I hope they keep adding more channels to hit the 100 mark on the HD Access, afterall thats what they promised 100 by the end of the year with HD access, but I do expect them to add anything over 100 to the extra package.
Still 14.99$ for HD its much better than what E* offers.

Thanks Bob, I hope they keep adding more channels to hit the 100 mark on the HD Access, afterall thats what they promised 100 by the end of the year with HD access, but I do expect them to add anything over 100 to the extra package.
Still 14.99$ for HD its much better than what E* offers.
Actually it was "up to 100" channels, and they have met that. I dont see anything new going to the extra pack unless it doesnt have an sd equiv. I could be wrong

So how do I subscribe to the HD extra pack?

Go to DirecTV.com
On the left side you should see some links, click on "My Account"
Then click on click on "Change Programming" (It is under "My account" when you click on it)
Then click on "Services" Tab
Check the box that says:
DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK - $0.00/3 Months Free
Get even more HD channels with the DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK. Requires HD Access ($9.99/mo.) and at least one HD receiver or HD DVR.

Add
Learn More

And then at the bottom click All done and you should be good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)