Question about HD Gold

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
I only have one HDTV in the house. So can I run one of my tvs on the 311 and get sd programming ? Would they be coming from the same satellite as my sd are not ? I would perfer one duo HDTV box and to use a 311 on one some more tvs. How does this work ?

Your statement is not very clear, no offense meant. What I gather is you want to upgrade to HD for your one HD TV. If you call to upgrade chances are Dish will need to put up a new dish. If you are in an Eastern Arc region, your 311 will not work on that dish. If you get a 1000.2 or new 1000.4 WA dish your 311 will work fine and get all your sd channels. That being said, you could get a 722 HD receiver which runs 2 tv's. Tv1 is HD and TV2 is SD, which would work for your situation and save you potentially $7 a month by not having the extra receiver fee (311) on your account. Hope this helps, but ask more questions if you have them and I'm sure they will get a proper response.

If you get a 2 tuner DVR like the 722 or 922. You can have HD on the primary TV and SD on a secondary TV. You could return an SD receiver that you used on the secondary TV if you wished to do so (or use it on a third TV).

ATXXX packs include both HD and SD (with HD for life) so both types of receivers can see all the channels. If you are talking Dish America Gold the HD pack it also includes the SD versions of the channels so your other receivers should work too.

The 311 cannot see the HD channels, it can only see the SD channels, of which there are very few in the HD Gold package.

Get a DUO DVR and use the TV2 output for your SD TV or get an additional receiver that can see the HD channels such as a ViP 211 or ViP612.

If your planning on upgrading be sure to ask if you qualify for our Whole Home Upgrade Promotion, this might reduce the cost of having this done. Feel free to DM me your account number so I can see what options we have for you.