Question about Invacom QPH-031 and SNH-031 LNBs scanning compatability

Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Today I swaped the Invacom QPH-031 with the Invacom SNH-031 on the K/u dish, and discovered that all the satellites channels scanned with the QPH-031 were not visible when the SNH-031 was installed.... I kept getting the "No Signal" prompt when changing satellites and channels.

Scanned two satellites with the SNH-031 and was able to view some but not he same as before, gained some and lost some....I was under the impression that if the channels were already scanned into the receiver with one LNB, that those channels were viewable after another LNB of the same type was installed.

Is there that much of a difference between these two Invacom LNBs. Why can't the microHD not able to show and pass the channel signal when the new LNB was installed?:confused:

Is this a LNB item or is it a microHD software related issue.

Thank You.

Did you change the LO frequency in the microHD to match the connected LNBF?

Yes, you may swap between the two LNBFs and receive the prescanned linear transponders and channels between 11700 and 12200mhz if both LNBFs are working correctly. Both LNBFs will provide similar performance. There is one significant difference between the two models, the LO frequency:

1. The linear outputs of the QPH-031 are Standard type (single LO) with a LO Frequency of 10750. The circular outputs are Standard type (single LO) with LO frequency of 11250.

2. The SNH-031 is an Universal type (two LO frequencies) covering an expanded international frequency range used outside of the US of 10700 - 11700mhz, linear only with LOs 9750 / 10600 with band switching between at 11700mhz triggered by 22khz switch command.

If you are swapping between the LNBFs to watch the linear transponders, the LNB LO must be selected in the microHD's Motor Switch Setting menu to match the connected LNBF. If you do not select the matching LO frequency, the receiver looks in the wrong IF frequencies for the prescanned transponders and channels.

Last edited:
Brian, Thanks for the reply.

No, I did not changed the settings in the microHD. All I did was swap LNBs. I was only using one Linear input on the QPH-031 for K/u reception and just swapped it with the SNH-031.

What should my frquency settings changes to the microHD be now, now that I am using the SNH-031 so I be able to view the prescanned channels and not having to rescan the satellites again. I am always learning something new everyday about this FTA hobby of ours.

Thanks You.

I going to teach you to fish instead of giving you one...

A Standard type LNBF LO Frequency is set to 10750 and an Universal type LO Frequency is set to 9750/10600.

What type of LNBF is the SNH-031? Standard or Universal?

OT: transmissions

I once swapped out the broken 4-speed in my 240Z for a 5-speed from the racing division.
It was longer, and took a shorter drive shaft.
What nobody mentioned, and I overlooked, was the ratios!
Should've been mated to a different rear end.
I wound up with a car that hit freeway speeds in 3rd gear! ;)
That's okay. The kid I sold it to loved the great MPG on long trips to 'Vegas. :)

Brian, Thanks for the input.

Just returned from the doctors office, therefore could not answered sooner.

I completely forgot and overlooked ( must be "OldTimer setting in LOL) the required LO Frequency for the SNH-031. Hopefuly now I should get more new channels to enjoy.

Do I understand correctly that a new software version will be released within ten days o so.

As always thank you very much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)