QUESTION ABOUT KU2 ON SAT MEX 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I am using a BSC621-2 LNB on a 1o ft. bud,which picks up C and K Band. I have very little problems picking up K band on most of the sats that I try.
My problem is K band on Sat Mex 5. My signal strength is in the high seventies when I start the scan. I usually pick up 32 to 36 transponders. However, when my receiver scans the transponders for programs, I get no programs.
When I go to Lyngsat at look at their info for Sat Mex 5 it says the Ku beam is KU 2. Is Ku 2 different from regular K band? I have tried different settings on my receiver and still have the same problem. Any Ideas?

you should get them as long as you're not near the Canadian border. The dropoff is dramatic there. I live in MN and get those channels on Lyngsat at barely any quality on the 30"

sounds like it

You are within the "hot" footprint of the satellite. Northern states it drops off DRAMATICALLY

I changed some of the settings on my receiver. The settings I used did not make any sense, according to the factory receiver set up.
Guess what? I found 34 Sat Mex 5 Ku band stations and 62 C band.
I guess the factory settings are not perfect.

I changed some of the settings on my receiver. The settings I used did not make any sense, according to the factory receiver set up.
Guess what? I found 34 Sat Mex 5 Ku band stations and 62 C band.
I guess the factory settings are not perfect.

34 KU stations and 62 Cband stations off Satmex 5, how can that be.
I don't even get 1/2 that many combined.. interesting.

34 Ku? I can only get like 8 channels, 4 of those encrypted (MTY 1, 2, 3 and 4), in Cband i get more or less the same number, about 50-60 channels. I live in México, just and hour and a half south of San Diego.

Cheers

Mike

Same thing, here too in New Mexico on 8 stations and some backhaul feeds and I am getting at mid 80's on the signal meter.

Not sure how you got 34 stations on the KU band?:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)