question about LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rickym_in_az

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2005
PHX, AZ
HI all,

sorry has been a while and I am wondering if I need to use a Sw-21 switch on my bev, I have an old setup, 3100 receiver and an old 20" dish, it has dual feeds on the LNB, but wondering if i need the switch to make it work the way it is suppose to?

Thanks,

no it has 1 white cap and 2 coax connectors on the end of the lnb.

I have a dish 500 with the big LNB would that work better?

the Dish 500 will get you both 91 and 82. If the LNB is the large one with one long white cap, it sounds like a twin, meaning the sw21 will not be needed.

ok, if I understand so if i have the standard bell LNB that came orignally I would need the switch and and aditional LNB?

if i use the large dish 500 LNB dont need the switch?

rickym_in_az said:
ok, if I understand so if i have the standard bell LNB that came orignally I would need the switch and and aditional LNB?

if i use the large dish 500 LNB dont need the switch?
As long as you have a Twin LNB which has the switch built in on the Dish 500, no external switch is needed.

Yes, if you use 2 standards LNBs, you would need the switch.

ok I checked the LNB from the dish 500 and it has 4 coax connectors, so this one should have the switch built in and would work to pick up nimiq 1/3 and nimiq 2 if I can get it right? just need one coax for each receiver in this case only 1.

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)