Question about Locals in Dothan, AL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markwright05

Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
Dothan, AL
I live in Dothan, AL and have DTV, but NBC is not offered as a local channel in my market...I was approved by one NBC affilitate for a DNS waiver, but was denied by the affiliate in Panama City, FL because they said that I fall within their grade B signal...DirecTV has been no help even though the assured me I would be able to get NBC when I initially signed up...I have all the other locals because they are offered in my market...The last thing DTV told me was that I would have to pay for a signal strength test in order to get the waiver approved but that can cost between $150 and $500...Any ideas on how I can legally get and NBC affilitate where I live without 'moving' or is that the only way I can get is...1st post so any help anyone can offer would be great...

You could get WJHG with an antenna. Looking at their transmit power it isn't very powerful. I am surprised they will not grant you the waiver. I live in Eufaula and pull Columbus, Dothan and Montgomery with my antenna.

As someone who lives near PC, it will probably be easier to "move". It's stupid that cable has one set of rules and can provide split-market or significantly viewed channels, but SAT can't under the current sat rules.

No NBC if you live in Dothan... No CBS if you live in Panama City. Yet both provide news and coverage for both markets and are carried on ALL cable systems in both areas! No better for DISH either.

OTA is no good if you do not have OTA capable tuners/receivers on ALL TV sets.

Move slightly West and pickup all the PEN/MOBILE/FWB channels on D* in the same time zone.

I'm just saying.... :p

I live in Dothan (small world, eh?) and did as the previous poster recommended. I "moved" to some apartment complex in PC and kept my billing address in Dothan. I now have NBC, ABC, and Fox all in HD plus a $50 indoor antenna that picks up WTVY great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts