Question about moving a television

Status
Not open for further replies.

mec6762

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Montgomery City, MO
I'll be moving this Friday across town. I have a Panasonic PT-51HX42 Rear Projection television. What is the best way to move this television? Should I wrap it in blankets and sit it on top of some corrugated cardboard(with the tv tied down of course)? Also, I'm wondering how should I haul it from the truck to inside. I have to go through the side yard to the back yard to the room I want to put it in so I'll have to haul it be on the grass. Would a regular hand truck do the trick or should I get an appliance dolly?

When I moved my 65" RPTV I was told:

Not to tip, have the mirrors locked down by a tech, avoid heavy and sharp bumps and jarring.

Sounds like except for the mirrors, common sense stuff. Sounds like I'll need either an appliance dolly or a 4 wheel dolly.

I would get 2 pieces of plywood and use them to roll the tv over the grass. just keep moving one in front of the other. it will keep any uneven pressure off the tv.

Somewhat dependant on the area and the display. Where are you moving? Maybe some users here that are in that area can speak up. Maybe $250 - $400 (Check their qualifications & references)! Check for some areas here: http://www.imagingscience.com/

Last edited:
When we moved a few years ago I showed the moving guys a 1.75 liter bottle of Cuervo, I told them it was theirs if they were super careful and treated the 65" HD RPTV like a cracked egg.

I've never seen 2 guys take more care of an item in my life. They drove really slow to avoid bumps, handled it like a newborn, I didn't even have to adjust convergence.

LOL. Cuervo sounds like a good idea. I live in a town between St. Louis and Columbia, MO. I'm just moving across town to a bigger house. Something that has been long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)