Question about neighboring locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oklahoma State Grad 2004

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2016
Bentonville, AR
Some new local channels showed up in my guide last night. I live in the Fort Smith, AR DMA (zip 72712 - Benton County Arkansas) and normally only get those locals. Last night both 6 and 8 from Tulsa, OK showed up in my guide. However, when I go to them they say they are blacked out. Is it legit they are tuned on? If I am supposed to get them now how long will it take for them to work? I reset my receivers thinking that might help but it didn't. I'm afraid it's just a mistake they are there. Anyone know anything.

Are they duplicate networks from your DMA? Did you turn them on during network programming? That could be a reason that they'd be blacked out.

Sent from my P00I using the SatelliteGuys app!

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1484574487.368169.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1484574502.085363.jpg

I would love to have the 2 Tulsa stations, but our zip isn't here. Maybe they are still working on it.

The same thing happened here in CT a while ago when they added channels 10 and 12 from Providence RI, but they aren't available in my part of the state.

According to the tech I talked to 6 & 8 are not available to us. He couldn't answer why they they show on our guides as available channels. Maybe they will be available at some time in the future.

In Lancaster PA I am seeing Washington DC locals mixed with mine on the guide. I see WRC, WJLA, WUSA, WDCA and WDCW. I cannot view them like the OP.

As far as I can tell these are neighboring frequently-watched channels that have been added to the guide in that DMA, but are only actually available in certain zip codes....

As far as I can tell these are neighboring frequently-watched channels that have been added to the guide in that DMA, but are only actually available in certain zip codes....
That's apparently what happened to me.

I have the same issue as the OP. I am in the Joplin, MO/Pittsburg KS DMA. KTUL channel 8 from Tulsa is now on the guide but it can not be viewed.

This has been my biggest beef with DTV. The cable companies carry both Baltimore and Dc locals and the FCC says that DTV could also, but they refuse. I am in Frederick MD and we are considered by the NFL as being in the Baltimore marketing area, but each year several Ravens games are not available because of conflicts with the Redskins. DTV would be the perfect answer to my viewing if they included them. Fortunately my HOA provides basic Comcast.

Perhaps it's a glitch that they will work out soon. In other DMAs, only the zip codes than can get the channel have it show up on the guide. I know that all of the Boston DMA does not show the Vermont channels on their guide, but my county does thanks to neighboring locals/significantly viewed. I have been in/seen other DMAs where they have all the bugs worked out. I would guess that in the next few weeks, you will probably see them disappear if you don't actually get them. Just my opinion.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)