Question about OTA

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
This may be a stupid question to ask, but I want to know for sure. If I were to connect an OTA to my 722k, do I have to pay any additional monthly fees. (I know I would have to buy the OTA Module for $50, but that's not what I'm asking about) The reason I ask this is that on the receiver page of the E* website, if you look at the fine print, you see this:
"Additional Authorization and/or equipment may be required before HD programming and/or over-the-air broadcasts can be viewed, additional fees may apply"
Again, I know it's probably a stupid question to ask, but I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get screwed or anything like that.

If you want guide information to go along with those channels, you typically have to subscribe to locals.

As screwy as some of the network's schedules are, not having guide information can be problematic.

You likely are already getting locals from Dish. They now bundle it with their packages. But there's more OTA out there than Dish provides.

To answer your question there is no fee or anything you have to have Dish do to see your locals from your antenna on the receiver, and to be able to record them etc... The guide data will be there if you have those channels also with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)