question about paying past due bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.
patrick80639 said:
Dish charges a $20-25 reconnect fee. You would definitely not be able to lease any equipment from them. Their receivers are more expensive to buy than directv's as well, either used or new. You might be able to get HD free for life with a 2 year commitment, though. Expect to pay about $200 for a dish and hd receiver if you shop around on craigslist. You'd probably also be put on a prepaid account, so you'd have to pay the first month up front as well. If they make you pay for the install (which I really think they will), it's $99. My guess is directv will cost you less to set up if you owe both companies about the same.

"Expect to pay $200 for a dish and recvr " ??? For Dish Network your talking ?
I bet you can do much better than that on Craiglist or ebay depending on what recvrs your looking at.
Also, I dont think they Sell anything recvr wise anymore.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/161999-son-used-ssn-start-service-wont-2.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/197328-thinking-about-dish-network.html#post2054953

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/190316-directv-prepaid.html

Never mind, I forgot we have done this song and dance before.

Your question is about paying your past due bill, with both companies I might add. My answer is just pay the damn things before you look at getting more free service with any company and running up the price for everyone else.

Last edited:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/161999-son-used-ssn-start-service-wont-2.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/197328-thinking-about-dish-network.html#post2054953

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/190316-directv-prepaid.html

Never mind, I forgot we have done this song and dance before.

Your question is about paying your past due bill, with both companies I might add. My answer is just pay the damn things before you look at getting more free service with any company and running up the price for everyone else.

Uh oh! Looks like you are busted mikedz4. It's pretty clear by reading all of your posts that you aren't particularly good with your money. Perhaps you should just go with ota and be done with it.

Jimbo said:
"Expect to pay $200 for a dish and recvr " ??? For Dish Network your talking ?
I bet you can do much better than that on Craiglist or ebay depending on what recvrs your looking at.
Also, I dont think they Sell anything recvr wise anymore.

Well, to be fair, I threw in a couple anticipated overdraft fees into that figure.

This mikedz4 is the same guy who posts on the Comcast TV boards over on Broadband Reports and complains endlessly. Its obvious you have much bigger problems you should be fixing first. If you can't afford it then ditch it like raoul5788 said. Get your finances in order then see what is good for your budget.

This mikedz4 is the same guy who posts on the Comcast TV boards over on Broadband Reports and complains endlessly. Its obvious you have much bigger problems you should be fixing first. If you can't afford it then ditch it like raoul5788 said. Get your finances in order then see what is good for your budget.

Wow, and a google search turned up some interesting reads on other boards.

Someone asked this on DSLreports
Did you finally pay off the money you owe them?

To which the poster replied:
it's not about that. Even if I did my dad doesn't want satellite in this house again. So No right now i have other priorities like trying to retrieve my songs and emails from a broken hard drive, paying on my car and saving for a laptop and eventually a new tv.

Mike, on the off chance that you arent just using the net for attention getting purposes, which I doubt, again I tell you to get your priorities in order. Sat TV is nice, and many want it, but from reading your posts you are not in a situation where it is a financially viable alternative for you right now.
Cut out the impulse buys, pay down your debt, and look into saving some money. You will be better off for it, and we wont have the bi-yearly threads of this sort that you post.

OR,

"You there!....stand away from the computer!" "Do not touch the keys or I will shoot..........keep your hands where we can see them!"

"Book him Danno"

Joe

+1 2 and 3

i'm calling tomorrow to see what needs to be done to re-establish service with dish or directv besides paying my past due bill.

I have my new laptop and tv which I bought with get this, CASH.

I am going to start paying on my capital one bill here next month and then after i pay off dish or direct (probably direct since I already have the satellite dish for direct on my roof) i will pay the other one gradually leaving just drs bills.
So if all goes according to plan by april i should have 90% of my bills paid off.

Now if I can just quit buying sports packages or at least limit them on whatever service I choose I will be able to pay them.

ok I won't be expensive for pro install and hd dvr after i pay it off.

I am glad it won't be expensive. Wouldn't have needed install but cable company cut my satellite lines for some reason.

Of course install will have to wait. I have 8 inches of snow on roof and more forecast next week with no end in sight for arctic outbreak.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

You come here complaining about your son, or if that's you, about your father, stealing your ss#. Then you say you spend too much on sports programming because you can't help yourself. It just goes on and on. Like I said, you should get an ota setup and live with it.

What do you mean?
What do I mean? I mean you are on here posting your credit score (before you edited your post) and asking everyone how to get D* or E* but yet still state how you can't control your spending. I just find it ridiculousness that someone has the ability to complain about all this stuff and still want more. Maybe you should consider this the line in the sand and start over AFTER you clear you debt with D and E.

But I guess this is now Waaaaaay off topic.

all of that is straightened out now. All that matters is that I am paying the past due bill next week when I get my tax refund and then going to pay to get the pro install and hd dvr .

I am getting my bills straightened out and using a debit card to pay recurring bills besides car payment.

You come here complaining about your son, or if that's you, about your father, stealing your ss#. Then you say you spend too much on sports programming because you can't help yourself. It just goes on and on. Like I said, you should get an ota setup and live with it.

No, it was mike that stole his fathers ss number (of course he did not say that until after everyone figured his story did not add up). Get it right old man!!!!! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.