Question about programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
I have just decided to upgrade my HD Tivo to the HR20, I got it totally free and didn't have to pay shipping. When I get the unit will my programming plan change? I currently have Total Choice Plus, HD service and DVR service. I didn't know if they would make me change to Plus HD DVR. If they do that's fine with me, I just might change to the Premier package. Does Premier include DVR service? It is kind of hazy on their website, if you compare packages and get the graphic to come up it is says that DVR service is not included but the description leads me to believe that it is included. Thanks for your help. :hatsoff:

You are welcome. The only rub is they will have to make sure the DVR fee is applicable to the HR20. Its an internal thing but some CSR's dont know what they are doing and have a hard time applying DVR codes to the right hardware. So internally the DVR will go from Tivo to Directv despite no changes to your bill or cost. Just be aware and prepared in case the CSR screws it up. Dont hang up unless you can confirm everything works.

If you add it up the Plus HD DVR package may save you a couple bucks a month over getting it all separate.

Premier no longer gives FREE DVR service. With the current promotion DVR service was removed from Premier after the 4 months of NFL expires.

Premier no longer gives FREE DVR service. With the current promotion DVR service was removed from Premier after the 4 months of NFL expires.

Are you sure if this is true and if so does it have any connection with the ALL ACCESS basic pack that DIrectv is supposed to start at the end of August, that I keep reading about on the dbstalk website? I hear it is supposed to have all the channels in Premier pack + locals + all hd channels and NO dvr fees and NO additional receiver fees either , all for $119.99 a month.

DVR fee is *grandfathered* in for those with Premier before the change but any new premier subs will no longer have it included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)