Question About Remotes

pweezil

L.G.O.E.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
N.H.
I've seen several posts about people wanting to pair their 922 remotes with the Hopper. Not having been "lucky" enough to have had a 922, I am curious why it seems to be so important to some. Are they that much better than the ones that come with the Hopper?

They are the same exact thing. It's just that the people that have 922s would like to keep their remotes to have for spares. Other people wanted to use them to transfer timers that are saved on the remotes.

They are the same exact thing. It's just that the people that have 922s would like to keep their remotes to have for spares. Other people wanted to use them to transfer timers that are saved on the remotes.

Wow. I was imagining something far more exotic than that.:D Well at least i don't feel so deprived now. Thanks.

I was also not able to pair my 922 remotes. However 722K remotes will work with hoppers (and possibly joeys). You don't have to pair them, just set the address as #1, and make sure the setting is IR, not UHF. In the hopper remote settings, click enable IR.

I was also not able to pair my 922 remotes. However 722K remotes will work with hoppers (and possibly joeys). You don't have to pair them, just set the address as #1, and make sure the setting is IR, not UHF. In the hopper remote settings, click enable IR.

I was able to use my 722 remote (21.0) to control a Joey by enabling IR on the Hopper and changing the remote from UHF to IR (I also changed the key from 2 to 1 but don't know whether that was necessary or not).

A lot of times when you upgrade receivers they leave the remotes, so people wanted to use their old spare remotes with the new system. Others wanted to backup/restore settings, however only the 40.0 remotes can do that with Hopper/Joey. I still use my 722K remote with my Hopper/Joey because I have a ton of custom IR commands programmed into it and I'm lazy :p

By the way, if you are having trouble pairing your 32.0 remote with Hopper/Joey, you have to have the remote literally on top of the receiver while pairing. Once it's paired though, it will function normally.

I don't like the look of the 40.0 with white buttons so I have all 32.0 remotes even though I use a Harmony at each location and the dish remotes are put away

I was able to use my 722 remote (21.0) to control a Joey by enabling IR on the Hopper and changing the remote from UHF to IR (I also changed the key from 2 to 1 but don't know whether that was necessary or not).

Is the Joey on IR Code 1 as well as the Hopper. Do both respond to the same codes? Both my Hopper and Joey are on the same IR "Zone". Is there a way to get only the Joey to respond to the IR codes without removing the Hopper from the IR zone?

Thanks!

George

Currently Hopper/Joey can only use remote address 1 via IR. This may or may not change in the future (hopefully it will.) My solution for my Joey/Hopper in the same room was to turn off IR on the Joey, use a 40.0 on the Joey, and the 20.0 on the Hopper.

As for OP's question as to whether or not the 922 32.0 remote is better, they're practically identical, other than color, which receiver they can backup/restore, and the pairing procedure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)