Question about removing Sat. Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think another thing that helps is that the house is already wired for satellite in most of the rooms where it would make sense. But if the dish is already up, does that mean that all they would need is the receivers and a call to D* to activate service?

If you sell to a D* subscriber, he can connect his already-active equipment on move-in day, and call to change the address on the account. If the buyer isn't a subscriber but wants D*, then he won't need to replace the dish.... although a free replacement and installation would be part of his newcomer package.

If you sell to a D* subscriber, he can connect his already-active equipment on move-in day, and call to change the address on the account. If the buyer isn't a subscriber but wants D*, then he won't need to replace the dish.... although a free replacement and installation would be part of his newcomer package.
What about if they are E* people? Obviously the dish and switch would need to be replaced, but surely they could use the existing wire structure, right?

What about if they are E* people? Obviously the dish and switch would need to be replaced, but surely they could use the existing wire structure, right?

Correct again. And a good installer may be able to re-use the existing mount & pole with the Dish dish. I keep forgetting that there are people who don't care about sports. :)

Well that's my fear... that people will say, "Ugh, that dish is so ugly. I don't want to have to go through removing that thing." I'm trying to turn having the big ugly dish into a selling point or a positive, but I'm not quite sure how to do that, and I need some sort of ammunition for that before I tell my dad and the Realtor that the dish is with the house, because removing that thing manually is one of the LAST things I feel like doing.

When I chose my present house, one of the selling features was that it already had an Oval 3LNB dish on it! Don't be afraid of the dish... for every person out there who thinks it's ugly there'll be one who will be happy to see it already there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)