Question about signal intensity and singal quality...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

georgewhr

Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Hi guys, I just bought a Sathawk pvr100 and a 31''dish. I set them all and connect correctly, then I open the tv and turn on the receiver. the signal intensity is valid at 45%(doesn't change), and the signal quality is around 4%-5%, can't get above 5%. I move the dish to my garden and no matter how I move the dish. the quality is still around 4%-5%, the intensity doens't change also. I m searching galaxy28 and my location is iowa city, IA. so any people know what's going on with my system?(I thought that as long as I move the dish, the signal quality should change a little bit, say, above 5%, but it doesn't change, even if I take it out from the dish...):mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com is your friend. Will show you where to aim the dish, the required elevation, and the skew of the lnb. If the satellite you are aiming for is east of your location, when standing in front of the dish, the lnb is skewed Clockwise. West = CCW. Signal = connection to the lnb Quality = the strength of the signal from the satellite. A transponder that's active must be programmed into receiver, and watched, for Q. frequency 11955 Vertical polarity, SR 19532 is the one with News now.

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly, you are moving the dish around the yard hoping the signal get's better. What you need to do is map your physical location on dishpointer.com and point exactly where the signal is coming from. It is very exact, if you are off by a hair, you can completely lose the signal.

If possible, I suggest you bring the receiver and tv outside to the dish location, so you can fine tune the dish by watching the screen display.

as an installer told me once, you trying to hit something the size of a volkswagen 22,000 miles away

Signal intensity just means your LNB is working okay.

Signal Quality is what you are looking for. It goes up only when a digital signal is received on the transponder frequency and polarization that your receiver is set for.

The receiver must be correctly set for an active transponder on the satellite you are aiming for, and you have to be very close to perfectly aimed to get an increase in signal quality on Ku band when aiming a dish. This can be frustrating for a beginner; it was for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts