emp-centauri switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

earlief

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
texas
Hi Guys,

I have a problem with the diseqc, I ordered the emp-centauri ( S4/1PCN-W1) 4 x 1, I can not get the sg2100 to work. I can hook it up direct or on the old diseqc that has two bad ports and it works. I am using it with my openbox, any suggestions why the the new switches are not passing USALS commands. I must have asked the question in the wrong area yesterday.

Thanks,

E

Yes it can be, although this is concerning a 4 x 1 switch not passing USALS signal

The way you are describing it, it sounds like your switch is positioned between your receiver and your motor, and it should not be,

The wire from your receiver to your motor should be direct, no switches! Your switch should come after the motor,

Well, Mikey
That's true , BUT I use a Diseqc switch between my Solomend 800 and DG380 motor on port #1, I pick up the C-band dish on port #2. It's worked for a substantial period of time. If the Diseqc switch can handle motor current ( and it seems that many DO), there's not a problem. Maybe just not the Emp Centauri ? I have several , maybe I'll try one out. [edit] I just put the same model Emp Centauri switch behind my Solomend 800 and it works fine, driving the Dg-380 motor. It also works on port #2, the C-band dish. So I can say, that the switch works for me, maybe the problem is with the motor since I think the SG-2100 is the worst motor I've ever had. I've had two STAB motors ( both outstanding with USALS) and two DG380 motors from Sadoun ( great with USALS) and on Sg-2100 motor ( from Sadoun), which had problems frequently with USALS . Seems I was always re-initializing, zeroing, restoring defaults on reciever, etc.
I don't have a solution, but it's not that THAT brand and model switch can't work . It works fine, here. :)

Last edited:
Well, Mikey
That's true , BUT I use a Diseqc switch between my Solomend 800 and DG380 motor on port #1,

It doesn't really matter if yours is working that way, it is still not recommended to have a switch between the receiver and the motor,

You are not having problems, but he is, so common sense would tell me the first thing to try would be wiring it the proper way,

I am definitely guilty of this ,it is the way I had a couple of receivers wired for about a year. I lost a port replaced them with the centauri and was trying to figure out why it did not work, I will wire it the correct way, t does this also apply to mutliswitches also.

Thanks,

E

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)