Question about upgrade from standard to hd receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jumpman23j

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
I need to upgrade a standard receiver to an hd receiver and want to know what is the best way to go about doing it. I already have an hd dvr in the living room and would like to replace a standard for an hd receiver. If I call directv about it will they automatically renew my contract for 2 years for the swap of receivers? I don't really wanna leave directv but don't like their practices about an upgrade causing a 2 year extension either and especially in this market we have today. But I guess if theres no other way than I just have to go through with it.

I need to upgrade a standard receiver to an hd receiver and want to know what is the best way to go about doing it. I already have an hd dvr in the living room and would like to replace a standard for an hd receiver. If I call directv about it will they automatically renew my contract for 2 years for the swap of receivers? I don't really wanna leave directv but don't like their practices about an upgrade causing a 2 year extension either and especially in this market we have today. But I guess if theres no other way than I just have to go through with it.

I know it sux and have been talking about them needing to make a change with that, but they haven't.
Unfortunately you get a new commitment with an upgrade as well as a addl recvr.

I've been hoping that they would do away with the 2 yr commit AFTER you go thru the 1st one.

Thanks for the reply and that's what I expected. Ah well, you win some you lose some.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts