question about upgrading equipment to DVR-capable

illusionescape

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Houston, TX
I currently have the Duo ViP 222k receiver. I inquired with CSR about upgrading my equipment to the Duo ViP 722k receiver to get DVR service. They said that there would be a one-time $200 fee, a $98 labor/installation fee, and I would have to sign a 2-year contraction extension on top of that. Does this seem right? Sounds a bit excessive. I thought it would be more like a one-time $200 fee OR sign a 2-year contract extension.

Well without the service plan and no special offers out there, yes that's the going (retail) rate. I suspect dealing with another CSR and attempting to run a deal might save a hundred bucks.

I currently have the Duo ViP 222k receiver. I inquired with CSR about upgrading my equipment to the Duo ViP 722k receiver to get DVR service. They said that there would be a one-time $200 fee, a $98 labor/installation fee, and I would have to sign a 2-year contraction extension on top of that. Does this seem right? Sounds a bit excessive. I thought it would be more like a one-time $200 fee OR sign a 2-year contract extension.

On Dishnet site under upgrade is a blurb call 800 894 9131 to upgrade at a price much lower than msrp. Are you buying or leasing the receiver?

On Dishnet site under upgrade is a blurb call 800 894 9131 to upgrade at a price much lower than msrp. Are you buying or leasing the receiver?

I'm just leasing the receiver.

A few years back, when I upgraded from a Solo ViP 211k to a Duo ViP 222k, all I had to pay was the $98 labor/installation fee and sign a 2-year contract extension. This time when I am trying to upgrade, its the same $98 labor/installation fee and contract extension, but with a $200 fee on top of that. That is what I don't understand.

A few years back, when I upgraded from a Solo ViP 211k to a Duo ViP 222k, all I had to pay was the $98 labor/installation fee and sign a 2-year contract extension. This time when I am trying to upgrade, its the same $98 labor/installation fee and contract extension, but with a $200 fee on top of that. That is what I don't understand.

Last year was the year to do this and when they had all the deals. They were almost giving them away a year ago. This year is pay the piper.

Yes, deals were better, but not now. As for the $200, remember you are getting a DVR box, and, from Dish's view, that justifies the high upgrade.

Does any one know if very big fish are still allowed to upgrade to 922 at $200? I know the $400 was standard for the rabble :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts