Question about wildfeeds & equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nicholas1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
South Kentucky
I have a CaptiveWorks 4000HD and a CW700. I need to know if the 700 with blind scan will receive the wildfeed signals? I know I need to install a card into the 4000HD for it to work with DVBS-2. I have a 90M Channel master dish with a 0.2db universal LNBF and will have the motor for it tomorrow. What else will I need? I want to be able to pick up some college sports this fall and winter that will be on some wildfeeds?

The CW700 will blindscan and get all the DVB-S SD wildfeeds posted, but it's very slow and sometimes misses transponder, the CW4000 can't get DVB-S2, the add-on board is to steal Dish, unless they released a legit DVB-S2 the only one i know is a TurboFEC DVB-S2 board not good for FTA.

Cheers

Mike

Here is what CaptiveWorks FAQ page says.
What are the types of DVBS-2 tuners supported by the CW-LMC software?

There are currently two DVBS-2 tuners that have driver support with the 1.0.1.17 software release.

Technotrend S2-1600
Geniatech Digistar-2HD

So am I misunderstanding something? The CW 4000HD is a computer with card slots available to use. It is a linux based system.

you should be able to install any pci / usb based pc tuner into that cw4000. since it is just a pc with a linux os. im not sure how many free pci slots are inside them but any tuner with linux support should work.

not sure how many wildfeeds you will find with a 90cm dish but its a start. and cw700 blindscan sucks. ive had enuff of them. they do seem to have a lower signal threshold (like 30% q) which helped lock lower strength tps.

crackt out,.

..., the CW4000 can't get DVB-S2, the add-on board is to steal Dish, unless they released a legit DVB-S2 the only one i know is a TurboFEC DVB-S2 board not good for FTA.

Don't agree. Isn't the CW4000 DVB card a Genpix Skywalker type?

It won't do S2 but I like my Skywalker plenty for FTA.

OP, If you want to see feeds, why not get a S2 card or receiver that will blind scan? (Not too many if any S2 cards will blind scan, AFAIK, other than the DVB World brand)

nicholas, my misunderstanding. I must've confused CW with earlier dvb receivers of that name, didn't know yours IS a computer, or mostly like one. Excuse my ignorance.

I just found one of my receivers I bought new 12 yrs ago. I wonder if it would be of any use, it is like new condition. It is a Uniden President PS-650XL, I used it to pick up C and Ku bands at a fitness center I owned. I guess it still works, I have had it boxed up and in storage for 10 yrs and found it today. Would this be of any use the way satellite has changed over the last few years?

Don't agree. Isn't the CW4000 DVB card a Genpix Skywalker type?
Yup, but for FTA it only did DVB-S, the pro is it can get HD (not sure about 4:2:2 tough).

It does DVB-S2 but of the turbofec flavor with 8PSK (the one used by dish), 16PSK and 16QAM.
It does DigicipherII (good for those ZK channels, like the DMX radio)
It does DSS, good if anyone wants to listen to the radio on directv (unless they encrypted the audio).

That is unless they changed cards and use a newer card.

It won't do S2 but I like my Skywalker plenty for FTA.
Yeah, i too enjoy my old fortecs, pansats and coolsats for FTA in plain DVB-S SD, it's still a pretty good hobbie for those receivers =), but are being displaced slowly by the DVB-S2 receivers (right now to scan DVB-S i have not used a DVB-S2 receiver that can beat a Traxis, a Coolsat or a Pansat in terms of reliable blindscan).

OP, If you want to see feeds, why not get a S2 card or receiver that will blind scan? (Not too many if any S2 cards will blind scan, AFAIK, other than the DVB World brand)
The Prof i think can blindscan, i don't know about the technotrends, but if a Prof can work with his CW's, then by all means it could be the way to go (considering the PROF are not pricey).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts