SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
St rémi Québec Canada
Hi Ice.
I can get NBC feeds on 72W and Canadian CBC feeds on 107.3W

but i would like to get Canadian CTV feeds and TVA french feeds

but i dont see them on Lyngsat do they use KA band or some

other systems ? Hope you can help me....

Thanks Bob....

you do realize that you shouldn't e-mail them in this case?

Remember...we are not the intended audience for the 2 examples you gave above ;)

The KU NBC is a backup...the CBC ones are temporary

since TVA is mainly just a Quebec station (yes the MOntreal affiliate is acorss Canada) they probably use some type of microwave setup
CTV probably uses Fibre (I know TSN which is owned by BellGlobeMedia...also owns CTV) uses fibre for alot of stuff

CBC has always been fta to over the air antennas for as long as I can remember. In September of this year they went digital across Canada, but in some areas like northern Ontario it was just to expensive for the amount of population so it is still anologue. Since they went digital the analogue signal, at least where we are is terrible. I'me not sure ICE but I think when CBC went digital thats when the stations appeared unscrambled on 107, so I'me hoping they just leave them alone.

These feeds are different. The original feeds are still on 107.3 in a really weird format
DVB 8PSK 4:2:2 Videoguard (whew...mouthful)

these newer ones have been there since August

as for the OTA digital it was specific markets....the smaller markets didnt have to unless their station was above 51

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)