Question for the billing and fees guru's

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Long post... ;)

I'm in the process of moving in the next couple of weeks. In my currently location I have basic cable and a Dish722 w/ HD Absolute. With locals I pay $42 a month to Dish. For the basic cable I was paying about $12 a month. I had 1 HDTV and 5 SDTVs in the house. The 722 TV1 was of course setup to the HDTV. The TV2 option was injected with the basic cable to all the other TVs. I used a 75-80 notch filter on the cable and put a 2 way splitter backwards before my distribution amp in the house. That anyone could watch basic cable or they could flip to channel 76 for TV1 video or 79 for TV2 video. It works awesome.

Well I started thinking.... how much would it be to add another 722 into the mix since I will be replacing the master bedroom SDTV with an HDTV. And I really didn't feel like trying to fish an HDMI cable through the attic...it would be my luck it wouldn't work half the time after I fished.

I talked to Dish via chat last night and they said that I could add a 722 to the mix for only $12.98 more a month. They said they would ship me the receiver and there was no one time fee. I of course would be locked into another 24 month agreement. Which I really don't like since I wouldn't be with Dish if it wasn't for HD Absolute, TV just isn't that important to me to pay $80-$90 a month for. Have this funny feeling we will get pushed out of HD Absolute soon.

So... is this the absolute truth? only $12.98 with no other fees? That's a no brainer, I'll drop the $12-$13 cable fee and give it to Dish instead, and have a 2nd DVR to boot!

2nd thought.....I'll be setting up all the cables and dishes myself on the new house. Prefer my work over the other yo-yo's I've seen around here. Not to hate on the good installers in the area, but there's always the chance you'll get the bad apple. I have a Dish500 with a DPP Twin w/ another Dish300 for 129 or 61.5 (whichever I choose). It's pointed at 129 right now. I assume this setup can support two 722's w/separators? I'd love to get a 1000.2 instead of having to mount two dishes but I'm paying $100 for cosmetics. I doubt Dish would just send me a Dish1000 either.

Long post... ;)

So... is this the absolute truth? only $12.98 with no other fees? That's a no brainer, I'll drop the $12-$13 cable fee and give it to Dish instead, and have a 2nd DVR to boot!

Yep.

Be sure to have one of your boxes plugged into a phone/ethernet line or they'll ding you with the PITA additional outlet fee. Otherwise, that $12.98 sounds right- $7 for the box lease fee + $5.98 for the DVR fee.

Be sure to have one of your boxes plugged into a phone/ethernet line or they'll ding you with the PITA additional outlet fee. Otherwise, that $12.98 sounds right- $7 for the box lease fee + $5.98 for the DVR fee.

Yep, running ethernet to all my rooms like I had in this home. Bedrooms each get 2-coax 1-ethernet(on 2 walls per room..so 4 coax total). Living room gets 2 ethernet and 6-coax. 6-coax runs out to Dish/OTA side of the house. All ends up at a distribution board.

I got used 1000.2's cheap if you need one. Other wise you are set.

Cool. How much? Although I do think it would look cool to have a Dish500 (110/119), Dish500 w/I adapter (91w for uplink report), Dish300 (129) mounted on the house all in a row and the 90cm motorized mounted on a pole below them in the ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts