Question....hope its in the right place

Status
Please reply by conversation.
There's a lot of variables that can affect your results, but I know there are people on this forum that have runs of 200' or more.

define "properly"

I could use a 1000 foot run if all I wanted was one channel that is very strong (example is GBN On AMC6...I can get that with a 18" dish) but would it work for a weak channel? Probably not

250 feet would probably be the max on RG6 before you need to go to RG11....how long of a run ya looking at?

Longest cable run for FTA

I don't have exact figures, but I worked on one house where the dish was mounted at one end, then the cable ran all the way to the other end, and down one floor, into the circuit box area and through a multi-switch. From there the multiswitch outputs ran back across the house into various rooms.

On the last room in the basement, at the far end of the house, the signal strength just dropped considerably, and I was only able to get certain channels. In another room near by, signal strength was still okay. So I guess we had reached a limit and after that the strength just dropped off fairly quickly.

I would guess the total length was between 100 and 200 feet.

define "properly"

I could use a 1000 foot run if all I wanted was one channel that is very strong (example is GBN On AMC6...I can get that with a 18" dish) but would it work for a weak channel? Probably not

250 feet would probably be the max on RG6 before you need to go to RG11....how long of a run ya looking at?
By Properly I mean a clear strong signal transmission

Well to be honest with you I havent figured that out yet Im in central Illinois and have a 30" dish that Im going to put a HH motor on the thing is on my property the tree line is right behind the house which is the south but toward the North I have a pasture and was thinking I may be able to get a clear view of a majority of the arc.
I know that the dish net installer has that dish almost 100' to the north but that wont give me a clear view of the Clark belt arc and Id like to get as much of it as possible I also have a 7 1/2' bud I intend on installing next.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)