Question on PS3 security

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Never used the built in browser, but I recently heard about CRACKLE which shows some good movies and tv shows and wanted to see what it would look like on my big screen.

Questions arose, I noticed under security it shows TREND MICRO FOR THE PS3. I clicked on it and low and behold, it's not exactly protecting anything cause since I never used the browser in the past I read up and the free trial ended in 2008. Can anyone tell me if I should get this PS3 security for $19.99?

Also, tried going to ESPN 3 and Justin TV and it said my browser was outdated. Are you able to download say Mozilla and use it on the ps3?

Your help would be appreciated.

There is a Crackle APP for the PS3? Where is it? I cannot seem to find it.

ESPN3 APP is available on the XBox, but not on the PS3 at this moment. Firefox is only available if you installed Linux on your PS3

Via the PS3 web browser which is why I posted asking if I needed the security program thru Trend Micro.

NO! Don't fall into those scams for the PS3! The PS3 runs XMB -Xross Media Bar operating system, it's Sony's own invention. The ps3 has it's OWN operating system that was designed by Sony like I said. It only has 0.02 percent of the worldwide browser usage. There are 0 exploits currently for the PS3 (The attack in May was due to a network security breach which got account numbers and damaged the online infrastructure. The trend micro thing is a scam. I have a link that I will post at the end. Why would hackers design a virus for a system that only accounts for 0.02 percent of browsers worldwide? That's not to say it can't get a virus or anything, but who in their right mind would design one for a PS3! You can only install firefox on your ps3 if you do some hacking and use a thumb drive, but it can and will get you banned. Update your ps3 firmware and your browser will update along with it. Have fun with your PS3 and enjoy Crackle :) My link is below.

Operating system market share

And by firmware are you talking the AUTO UPDATES?

Appreciate the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts