Question on the GEOSATpro 90cm Reflector

Cosmo Blatz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2014
S.E. WI and Central NV
I think I had some vandalism to my dish. Among other things, I'm pretty sure the LNB holder was bent. I'd like to get the LNB pointed at the right spot on the reflector. Where should the LNB be pointed at on the reflector?

When we have enough snow up here the "bambii" will sometimes lick the plastic on the LNBFs... That doesn't really hurt reception, but if you startle them never know what damage they might do.

Looking at my GeosatPro 80cm dish it looks like the LNBF is pointed about an inch lower than the very center of the reflector. This is going by (my) eyesight, not measuring, so likely not particularly accurate.

Reactions: polgyver
And if you want it more precise than Cham indicated it, it can be calculated.

Needed inputs are width and height of the dish, and depth at the center. Assuming the dish is flat faced, and stringtested to confirm the flat dishface.

Greetz,
A33

Reactions: polgyver
I remember there was a discussion on this topic a few years ago, with drawings, some of participants were members "jorgek" and " RimaNTSS", their conclusion was that, indeed, the LNBF should be pointed slightly lower than the center of the dish
cheers, polgyver

Reactions: a33 and RimaNTSS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)