Question on transferrring over an account

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIsmail

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Stewartsville, NJ
I need to change the name on the Dishnetwork account in my home. I'm recently divorced and the account is currently in my ex wife's name. I called a month ago to transfer responsibility and was told I would have to return my current leased receivers in favor of new ones which would then be leased in my name. When I called yesterday I was told the current account would have to be closed and a new account in my name needed to be opened. I'd prefer not to do this cause then I'd have to pay for upgrading receivers and enable the hard drive access on the account. Does anyone have any experience with this? I would appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you!

Sorry, I think you're SOL. It's her account. Turning it over to her or trying to close it, and then opening a new account may well be your only options.

Sorry, I think you're SOL. It's her account. Turning it over to her or trying to close it, and then opening a new account may well be your only options.

^ Yep.

Her Soc. Sec. number is permenantly tied to the account, and the primary name cannot be changed. Best bet is to start your own account.. sign up for all the nice promotions! PM me if you want a subscription referral ;)

The only reason not to do it is the additional cost I'll be forced to pay to get the equipment I already have. I'd like two 622 or two 722 cause I already have two 622s and have already paid extra for them. I also paid to have the external hd feature enabled. The CSR I spoke didn't seem to want to work with me. Funny thing is that Dish called today with a follow up survey but I wasn't home.

Sounds like this is a legit time to use the ceo at dishnetwork dot com email address. You're likely going to have to do the same thing in starting a new account but perhaps they could work with you to get the same equipment and work on the external hard drive feature fee.

Not woth the hassle

The only reason not to do it is the additional cost I'll be forced to pay to get the equipment I already have. I'd like two 622 or two 722 cause I already have two 622s and have already paid extra for them. I also paid to have the external hd feature enabled. The CSR I spoke didn't seem to want to work with me. Funny thing is that Dish called today with a follow up survey but I wasn't home.

Man get over it. Just start a new account. It's only 40 for the ext HDD. Just let the EX worry about her account with them and start over. Get 722k's w/OTA and be able to record 4 things. No CSR is going to do what you want since the account isn't in your name or SS#. So just let it go it's time for a new account.

It wasn't that they didnt want to work with you, it's that you asked them to do something that they are not allowed to do. Just because someone won't break the business rules doesn't mean they aren't interested in helping you. This is simply a matter of cranial bone density.

Divorce sucks. I'm pretty sure your financial problems aren't going to end with shelling out for two dvrs and EHD.

Thanks for the suggestions. FYI there is nothing to get over and I never asked them to do anything illegal I was just looking for some clarifcation and options which the CSR failed to provide me. Not for nothing how many times have any of us called Dish and gotten two different stories or a CSR that didn't know what they were doing.

Why not leave it as is and you pay the bills if you don't want to open a new account?

That's asking for trouble if the ex ever tries to open an account. And since it's "her" account, she could add programming or otherwise mess with him. Of course, he could walk away and she'd be liable for the bill. Probably get it back from him, with interest, in court.

I watched a woman I know take her ex to court over his owing her $7.50, while she owed him hundreds. She won. Spite is an ugly thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)