QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
After operating within reason for 9 days one of my Hoppers just went south. The guide shrank down to 2 days with the resultant effects - no PTAT, no smart search, no manual recording capability. In addition I lost all of my timers and they didn't reload after a restore op. It's acting just like it did the first day after activation. This hopper took 21 hours for the complete guide to load then, while the other took less than 3. My quest for a replacement begins tomorrow. I have tried hard and soft resets to no apparent avail.

I have been using the Hopper for 1 1/2 weeks to this point and have made a favorites list that matches what I had on my 722. Every day I go into guide and it is right where I left it, my favorites list.

Hopper and Joey video turning purple and then losing sound. Looks like some sort of HDMI issue in the software. Discussion Here:

My Joey Screen turned purple and I lost sound? Any idea?

This is a new one. Like many of you, a few of my local channels disappear from my favorites lists on my Hopper now and then. This morning, however, over 100 channels had disappeared - all my locals as well as every HD channel. Anybody else see anything like this? Why would Dish have any code running that deletes channels from a favorites list when that list isn't being edited? It makes no sense.

I always seem to have to choose "Start over" to watch anything from the DVR.... it's not very intuitive. "Play" is pretty standard... why not just use "Play".

hahah.. I just tried tried hitting play again yesterday.... and guess what? It works now.... so scratch the above complaint and replace it with "Inconsistant operations... sometimes the Play button works and sometimes it just stares at you and blinks vacantly until you hit select and choose "Start Over".

I set up each of my recordings to limit themselves to 10 events, I am assuming that anything after 10 recordings will write over the oldest first. The recordings are now beyond the 10 limit settings making it a nuisance to have to keep deleting old recordings.

Am I doing something wrong it seems? I can only delete one recording at a time. We should be able to check off more than one recordings for multiple deletes.

Editing timers needs to be more streamlined, like one of the above posters mentioned.

While watching recordings from my EHD, there is a bug that wont allow the green bar indicating how much of each show you have watched to save when you come back to that show the next day. The status bar will save for a short period of time but will erase itself by the next day.

Am I doing something wrong it seems? I can only delete one recording at a time. We should be able to check off more than one recordings for multiple deletes.

Editing timers needs to be more streamlined, like one of the above posters mentioned.

You can delete multiple items, but it is somewhat awkward. On the Main DVR screen the blue button "Edit All" will allow you to select several recordings and apply an edit action (like delete) with the green button.
You must have your sort and folder order set before you Edit All.
There is a high risk of deleting an entire series rather than one episode.
It is difficult to find the episodes you want to delete because the icons all look the same (really need a "view list" here)
Need "Edit All" function in folder view.

...Am I doing something wrong it seems? I can only delete one recording at a time. We should be able to check off more than one recordings for multiple deletes...

If you select "Folders by "Title" on the "My Recordings" screen, all episodes will be in one icon with the number of episodes in the lower corner. If you click the icon you will get a list to delete from (or play or whatever).

Here's a strange little VOD guide bug (and my 922 did the same thing)
When in the guide if you type in 500 the guide high lights the sixth 501 listing instead of going to 500.
If you type 501 it goes to the same sixth 501 listing instead of the first listing.
Typing channel 1 works as expected .

I set up each of my recordings to limit themselves to 10 events, I am assuming that anything after 10 recordings will write over the oldest first. The recordings are now beyond the 10 limit settings making it a nuisance to have to keep deleting old recordings.

Am I doing something wrong it seems?
Same here. It's a bug. I deleted the timer and made a new one. That worked for a while.

I've poked around the forum a little bit and didn't see this problem mentioned anywhere.

I have several timers on the DVR set. They were originally set on the Hopper using the guide. We did not transfer anything from my old VIP622. The Hopper install is a week old now and for the 1st several days everything seemed to work fine.

Last night I noticed that my DVR Daily Schedule is looking very empty... Went to the Timers... All my shows are there in "Timers" and set to "Only New". Flipped back to "Daily Schedule", one or two shows are shown... Most are missing. So... The Timer is set. But the schedule isn't showing the program is scheduled to record or skipped. I went to the guide and looked up one of the shows, it doesn't indicate the show is scheduled to record (even though it's a new episode).

I guess I'm going to go in and delete all the timers and reset them There's under 20 shows in the timer. I hope this fixes it.

Anyone else seeing this? Or have a good suggestion to fix it? Thanks!

My 2 1/2 year old daughter was wathcing a recorded program this morning while I was in the kitchen. She came up to me and said her show stopped. I just assumed the recording was over. I go into the living room to a blank screen!!! I check and all devices are still powered. The Hopper lights indicated it was on, and recording, but would not respond to any remote commands. Shut every thing down for a few, then powered them back up. The Hopper came up with the "Hopper Starting Up" screen. The screen cycled on and off 3 or 4 times, then back to normal operation. No other steps or screens you would see like if you did a reset. First, and hopefully the last time I'll see that happen.

I've poked around the forum a little bit and didn't see this problem mentioned anywhere.

I have several timers on the DVR set. They were originally set on the Hopper using the guide. We did not transfer anything from my old VIP622. The Hopper install is a week old now and for the 1st several days everything seemed to work fine.

Last night I noticed that my DVR Daily Schedule is looking very empty... Went to the Timers... All my shows are there in "Timers" and set to "Only New". Flipped back to "Daily Schedule", one or two shows are shown... Most are missing. So... The Timer is set. But the schedule isn't showing the program is scheduled to record or skipped. I went to the guide and looked up one of the shows, it doesn't indicate the show is scheduled to record (even though it's a new episode).

I guess I'm going to go in and delete all the timers and reset them There's under 20 shows in the timer. I hope this fixes it.

Anyone else seeing this? Or have a good suggestion to fix it? Thanks!

Skipped shows don't show unless you set "Show skipped" on the daily schedule. Timers of PTAT shows are skipped by default unless you restore them.

Was just wondering if others are seeing the same issue. Currently no search results are being return when pressing the search button and searching the program guide. No matter what is type No Results are displayed. This makes it hard to set DVR timers.

PINK PINK PINK!!! Also, when timers are set to "new only" sometimes it records more than one. Although that's on Globo International. That also won't record new episodes of my wife's shows, because it apparently has guide info from when it was shown new in Brazil, a week or so before. So I set to "new and reruns" which records ALL instances! My 722 would skip one that was already recorded. Not with the Hopper.

Yesterday I reported one of my Hoppers lost all of the guide except for 1 1/2 days. I called it in and E* had no solution except a hard reset. It fixed itself overnight. Today my other Hopper did the same thing. A hard reset fixed this one in about 30 mins. The Hopper that took overnight to fix took 21 hrs to download the complete guide when new, while the one that fixed itself today initially loaded the guide in 3 hours.

Note to subs who are losing channels in favorites lists - I solved my problem by keeping an odd number of channels in the lists. I'm using all 4 and haven't had a channel drop in 4 days.

Interesting about the number of favorites, I counted mine and have an even amount of favorites (120)without any being dropped. I have had my install since 3/20.

Stimpson, we've seen that happen a few times with one of our Joey's is playing back DVR content. If we let it be for about 1 or 2 minutes it recovers without a problem. Weird though...

Joeys should be able to Transfer Recordings from the Hopper to the External Drive. Currently, this can only be done from the Hopper. If it's a true "whole house" solution you should be able to manage the content from anywhere in the house as well.

I haven't noticed any differences in the UI layer between Hopper and Joey, but I've spent more time watching from Joey's.

In daily schedule, sometimes it duplicates days and timers, but not the same. For example, right now, I have Thursday recordings twice, but Friday twice. The first Friday has a duplicate of Thursdays recordings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts