QUESTION - What Bugs or Usability Issues do you have with your Hopper?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It seems that the guide info on shows I'm watching from the DVR is never correct. It's usually info for that shows next episode. Now yesterday around 6pm I was watching last weeks episode of The Amazing Race and of course the guide data was incorrect. I assumed it was for the upcoming episode which was at 8pm last night. But it was actually for next weeks season finale. Both my hoppers are on 209.

I've noticed the same issue with program info. When watching a recorded show, hitting info brings up the episode number I'm watching but the info content for the last, yet-to-be-recorded episode from my pending timers. Happens on all our Hoppers (207) and Joeys (259).

Anyone have issues whereby when you are watching LIVE TV both Joeys AND Hoppers stutter about 2 to 3 seconds from the end of a show (i am assuming the system is "stopping" the buffer and restarting a new one)

Jann

Yes.

Anyone have issues whereby when you are watching LIVE TV both Joeys AND Hoppers stutter about 2 to 3 seconds from the end of a show (i am assuming the system is "stopping" the buffer and restarting a new one)

Jann

I have the same problem. The audio drops out and picture freezes. lasts only a second or two. Others have reported this happening on recorded programs. Show plays fine until the end. Happens on shows that end on the top of the hour or half hour. I first noticed it on 3 half hour shows back to back. Please report it to DIRT. Hopefully they will find the cause.

I also have the problem where a program stutters right at the end. Same time, never fails. One thing I've been experiencing that is really annoying is trying to rewind a program, live or recorded. I can hit the skip back button and it may take me where it is suppose to, or it may jump way back to an earlier point. Also, it will stay in that spot for just a second, then jump back to live TV or the spot I was at earlier before rewinding. I'm still running 207 on the Hopper and 259 on the Joey, so I'll have to wait and see if these issues are fixed once the latest update rolls out. I have a feeling they won't though.

Last night about 24 minutes into the final hour of PTAT all just stopped. Was viewing a pre-recorded program via the Joey and when completed went to live TV where the picture and sound froze. Could not go to other channels, only menu option was accessible. Got up and went to the Hopper where live TV was working okay but noticed all PTAT had stopped 24 minutes into the third hour. I also noticed the box had lost its network connection and failed on DHCP as well as Server & Internet Connections. My network was fine, all other devices/computers we connected without issue. This morning all appears to be okay and all connections to the network are good. Lost 2/3 of the last hour of Primetime recordings last night....argh!

This has happened twice. Program recorded by timer with a 5 minute pad at end. Get to the actual end of the program and change to another recorded program without stopping the original program. The first program runs to the end in the background.

Later I attempt to re-watch the original recorded program and select Start Over, the screen flips and comes up and says it is at the end. I select the Forward button to restart and the screen flips back to saying it is at the end.

Trying other things, I select Edit and find the length of the recorded program is 0.

This happened twice on different programs and not related to PTAT.

I entered all my timers via the EPG. None show up on DishOnline nor the old Dish Sling web site. I had hopes that S209 would change that. Any idea if and when Timers will be viewable online?

This has happened twice. Program recorded by timer with a 5 minute pad at end. Get to the actual end of the program and change to another recorded program without stopping the original program. The first program runs to the end in the background.

Later I attempt to re-watch the original recorded program and select Start Over, the screen flips and comes up and says it is at the end. I select the Forward button to restart and the screen flips back to saying it is at the end.

Trying other things, I select Edit and find the length of the recorded program is 0.

This happened twice on different programs and not related to PTAT.

That happened to me yesterday.
I also have had to reset my Joey twice (no picture).
When checking tuners in use PTA didn't show one of the networks, but it was recording.
Yesterday I was watching a baseball game and couldn't pause or rewind. Thinking it was because the HD channel is temporary I switched over to the SD feed and had the same problem. Today it is working.
Program info for at least one PTA recording was actually for a future episode.
Time remaining for one PTA recording was 12 hours.
These issues started with the 209 update- the Joey is still on 259.

I am also missing a PTAT event (FOX) from the red button page. It just shows 0 min for FOX. Shows correctly for the other 3 networks. It is recording and you can watch it from the PTAT folder.

Every so often when i go to turn on the Hopper it never responds. It stays a dark screen on my hdtv. Pushing other buttons to see if I get any response from the Hopper does nothing. The only thing I am able to do to fix the problem is to do a soft reboot. this has happened a handful of times.

The other thing iv'e had is wherre the picture freezes while watchg a show from ptat. The only fix here to is to do a warm reboot of the Hopper.

This may have been reported here but I haven't seen it mentioned if so.

Watching a show last night that was still recording (non-PTAT, specifically the Devils/Flyers game on NBC Sports). Caught up to "live", and the Hopper got in a mode where it was repeatedly pausing, then playing, then pausing, then playing, over and over. As a programmer my "I know I didn't write this BUT..." impression is the playback process saw it was at the end of the buffer and thought it should stop playback, then the recording process wrote more data so the playback process read it, then stopped at the end, etc.

I was able to work around it by hitting Skip Back so that the playback was a few seconds behind the end of the buffer, but it was annoying and would have seriously pissed off the wife.

I've seen that happen on occasion on the ViP receivers as well, specifically the 722, so I don't believe it's just Hopper related.

Last night the Joey lost picture again and this time I had to do three hard resets to get it working. The third time I left it unplugged for over a half hour.
Since this started after the update I thought it was related but I'm wondering if something else is going on. I believe each time it's happened it was around 8 PM so maybe PTA starting is affecting it? Any thing I can check/trouble shoot?

I am also missing a PTAT event (FOX) from the red button page. It just shows 0 min for FOX. Shows correctly for the other 3 networks. It is recording and you can watch it from the PTAT folder.

I have the same issue tonight, Fox does not show up on red menu. Hopper is at 209.

For the first month of installation, my two Hoppers worked flawlessly. Absolutely no issue with PTAT, EHD and all other features. Then came S209 and nothing but problems - I am ready to junk the entire Hopper system.

First, PTAT never works anymore on either Hopper after repeated resets, reboots and power offs. It either doesn't fire or has only been recording one network (not the same) of the four each night. Then, after turning off PTAT (until the idiot programmers at Dish fix their PTAT code) and setting manual timers, I am getting repeated lockups when I try to watch DVR recordings while the Hopper is actively recording other shows. Once the Hoppers lock-up, the recorded shows get cut short and never restart recording. I have lots of 5 minute recordings in my DVR menu. At least with the 722 is something interrupted a recording, it would try to restart when it could.

I am now very dissatisfied and regret giving up my VIP722s.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I got my Hopper installed 2 days ago (great job by the installer!) and really like it much better than the 722 it replaced. I transferred all of my recordings from my EHD (which had backed up my 722) and whenever I try to watch any of those programs, it states "event playback finished" and will not let me start over.

Started having problems with the Joeys not connecting to the Hoppers. They eventually connect. All boxes at current SW updates. Here is a shot of one of my Joeys showing it was connected to both Hoppers.

Joey1.JPG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts