Questions about 5LNB/h20 and multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsbaker

Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am getting my current round dish upgraded saturday to the 5LNB and also getting the h20 receiver. Along with my current round dish I also have two r15s, an sd-dvr40 and a sam-3402 multiswitch. Both r15s currently only have one line running to them and the dvr40 has two. The h20 will be replacing one of the r15's and will still only need one line. The geniuses at directv don't think I need a new multiswitch but I think i do. I have two lines running through the back wall of my house to the switch and all the lines branch out from there. These are my options as I see it please let me know what should be the best.

1. have them hook the two current lines to the new dish and have them run a new dedicated wire from the dish to the H20. Installation support claims this is what they will do.

2. Hook the two current lines to the new dish and run the H20 off the current line for the r15. I don't thik this is doable since I don't think the switch is HD compatible.

3. Call cust service and make them give me a new switch. If I do this do I need 4 lines to the switch from the dish or will my current two work?

4. leave my current dish and and have them mount the 5lnb next to it and run a dedicated line to the h20. I would prefer to not have two dishes on the back of my house but will if that is the best option. which it maybe so they don't mess with my current setup and it frees up a spot on my switch for a second line to the remaining r15.

If you are only going to have a toatl of 4 lines you don't need any ms at all.........if you go to five or more, you will need a linwell 6x8 your current switch won't work they will provide this for you.........tech will have to bring 2 more lines down from ka/ku wether you need the ms or not, 6x8 requires both 18 and 13v standard, and 18 and 13 v 22khz for hd use......

To summarize. Have all four lines run from the new 5LNB dish regardless of current need. You'll be happy later when you add receivers. Have these run to a common location where it will be much easier to add the Zinwell WB68 multiswitch used to expand beyond four connections.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)