Questions about changing from directv to dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pattisw

Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
Michigan
We have had directv at our cabin for a few years.We are thinking about switching to dish network because our bill keeps getting higher and there are no local channels offered.I checked and dish does offer locals in the area.
I have a couple questions though.Does dish network allow you to suspend your account for part of the year? We dont use our cabin in the winter.Also is there a charge to hook up dish network? And what do we do with diretv's satellite and box if we switch?
Does dish n. keep raising their rates all the time like directv does? And do they allow current customers to switch to special deals that are offered?
I know these are a lot of questions,I appreciate yout time and help.Thank you in advance.

Let me see if I can help you. Yes Dish can let you suspend your account at any time period using DISHpause which is $5/month. Currently prices for all packages are frozen until Feb. 2013 (except for America's everything pack). There should be no charge to hook up Dish Network if you sign up with them for 24 months. The only thing you might not like is that you have to pay your first month's bill right when you order your programming/equipment. I don't know about your Directv equipment but I assume you send the box back to Directv, but you might have to remove the satellite yourself.

Directv will have you send the receiver back
Dish does allow you to suspend service for up to 6 months for $5 a month. If you have an agreement that just adds months to the agreement

Does dish n. keep raising their rates all the time like directv does?
both companies raised rates this year. Directv went up $2 while Dish went up $5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts