Questions about Dish HD DVR

Nimh

Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
So I am building a new house (*cheer*) and the community it is in actually includes Dish service in the HOA. So I called the provider tonight to find out some information about the service.

The thing that surprised me though was that they said that the Dish DVRs have 1 SD and 1 HD tuner, and you can't record an HD channel and watch another HD channel at the same time. This seemed just silly to me so I have been reading and from what I can tell this is false. So I have two questions:

1) Is it true that the Dish DVRs have 1 SD and 1 HD tuner, and you can't record an HD channel and watch another HD channel at the same time?
2) I plan on having three TVs (all HD), they are all on different floors. I would ideally like to either have 1 HD DVR that the other TVs can play back recorded content from or have 2 HD DVRs and 1 HD Receiver. What would be the best combination of receivers for this?

1. No, both tuners are HD, the outputs are 1 HD and 1 sd. You can hook two tv's to one receiver but you would have to watch the same HD on both sets. If you need three different HD pictures at the same time, you may want 612's instead of 622 or 722's. You can use a 211 for each tv you don't need the dvr.

If you plan on leasing your equipment, go with a 722 and either 2 612's or a 612 and a 211.

I believe the 612 is not considered a dual tuner receiver for lease purposes (I'm sure if I'm incorrect I'll be corrected).

You are limited to 4 leased tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)