Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kountzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 6, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hello,
For a long time I was with dish. Now I am with directv. I was hoping to watch the hope channel on directv, but I found out I cannot get that channel, 368, unless I upgrade from the single lnb dish I have now, to a phase III dish. I have a r22-200 dvr receiver. My question: is there any special connections I have to make to install the phase III dish, and make it work with the r22-200 receiver? Directv tech support said something about running 2 rg6 cables, so that my dvr service would work. I see 2 cables running from my current dish into the house. Does this mean that all I have to do is change out the dishes? Sounds too simple.

D wants to charge me $125.00 to have a pro tech come out and install the phase III dish. I have diy experience from my days with dish. I think I can do this myself. Still, If anyone have some informations and or suggestsions please let me know.

Darryl in Houston

If the DVR is the only unit in the house, then you can just swap your dish out for a phase III (Triple sat) dish. If you have a multi switch (presumably a 3x4) then you will need to run two additional lines out of the triple sat to a ground block.

The Phase III will need to be re-aimed. It centers on 110, where his single dish aims at 101.

Sorry for being a little late to the game.

You dont need a Phase III. The dish you have should be fine

Lyngsat shows Hope at 101W

edit: just called my mom to check and its active on her setup...and she has the HD 3 LNB that sees 99/101/103 only...the receiver she checked it on was a D12 (SD receiver)

As far as I know the hope channel is on the 119 satellite.....

Yep, right on both counts, my Hughes HAH tells me exactly the same thing.
Someone on the other board kept insisting it was ONLY in MPEG4 - obviously this is NOT correct. :rolleyes:

Alrighty then! I lined up the satellite(s), and I am able to get tv again, directv at that. I've been watching a bit of the hope channel. good stuff. Thanks to everyone for that help and input on this topic.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)