Questions about switch disecq and 4x4 on Motorized dish and C band set up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
I am using Disecq switch to connect some fixed dishes Ku and C band to two receivers
Question One:
IF I have one Port available on the switch disecq could I connect One Motorized dish using motor H-H and Openbox S9HD?.. This Port Could Handle my Motor Through my receiver?

Question 2:
The switch 4x4 could work with Dual LNBF's C Band?. (I have never tried before) and then one cable connected to one port on the switch disecq?..
thanks in advance

Vallenato,

Regarding question #1.

This is not recommended as the current demand of the motor will typically destroy your switch and it may not always work in the first place. This is the accepted answer.

Now, just to contradict myself, I personally set up just a system to test this, running my DG-380 H-H motor through a switch matrix simultaneously consisting of both a DN-SW21 and a Chieta DiSEqC 4X1 switch controlled from my Coolsat 5K and it worked! Ran for at least two years without a hitch and was still in operation when I changed my system around and eliminated the switches. This result is probably not typical.

RADAR

Thanks guys!!!.
Yes I have some switches 4x4 to use and also I have some switchs SW21x, good news on the second answer!!!;) but I think the problem is that Openbox does not handle switchs 21x.:confused:. Anybody Knows something about??
I think the better way is to use My coolsat to handle and move my motor and use dual LNB Ku to connect the second port to my Openbox S9HD

Thanks guys!!!.
I think the better way is to use My coolsat to handle and move my motor and use dual LNB Ku to connect the second port to my Openbox S9HD

So If I use motor H-H (SG9120B)to motorize one antenna and use dual LNB Linear std and One port is going directly to my coolsat 6000 to move the motor and get some SD DvB Channels yet available. Could I connect the second port of my LNB to my Openbox HD S9 through the disecq and then ecoda switch 22khz ? (Openbox set up has Band C and other Ku Lnb's attached).. this could works???
thanks in advance:)

So If I use motor H-H (SG9120B)to motorize one antenna and use dual LNB Linear std and One port is going directly to my coolsat 6000 to move the motor and get some SD DvB Channels yet available. Could I connect the second port of my LNB to my Openbox HD S9 through the disecq and then ecoda switch 22khz ? (Openbox set up has Band C and other Ku Lnb's attached).. this could works???
thanks in advance:)

Vallenato,

Yeah, that sounds like it should work just fine. Coolsat wired to motor to control motor and then to one port of the LNBF. OpenBox wired to 22KHz switch then DiSEqC switch and then to the remaining port of the LNBF on motorized dish. The other 22KHz and DiSEqC switch ports feed the OpenBox from your other dishes. Yep, that should work.

You'll just have to remember to power up the Coolsat and drive the motorized dish to the satellite you want to watch with the OpenSat, especially when you do any scanning.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.