Questions about The Hopper?

OK, I think that I may have a WAF problem that I wasn't planning on. While I know that a Joey can join a live TV tuner that is being used by another Hopper or Joey, but can it join a stream of a recording that is being played on another Hopper/Joey?

The reason that I ask is that my wife will sometimes want to watch from the bedroom the same thing that I'm watching in the living room and we usually only watch pre-recorded shows.

I don't see an issue. I don't think it will be in the same exact spot but you should be able to watch the same program. Even the 622 could do this.

I don't see an issue. I don't think it will be in the same exact spot but you should be able to watch the same program. Even the 622 could do this.
That would be OK with me, but the wife... Well, lets just say that she likes me to keep on top of skipping over the commercials.

Building an account on line does not seem to have a dual hopper option to click. Was trying to find the anwser if someone can just get two hoppers only.

Sadly, NO. Per post 74 in this thread from MattG, you MUST order at least one Joey per Hopper. They just slammed the door on quite a few of us. And they're leaving money on the table.

Sadly, NO. Per post 74 in this thread from MattG, you MUST order at least one Joey per Hopper. They just slammed the door on quite a few of us. And they're leaving money on the table.
Give it a week to sort out. Maybe Scott can sort out the official information on the discrepancy.

Some DIRT CSRs were allowing 2 hopper setups or even 2 hopper 1 joey setups.

There's some serious confusion here.

Wait, does this mean you can't order ONE Hopper and no Joeys?

The remote stopped controlling my Hopper.:(
While scrolling through the menu, I clicked on Apps. The remote stopped working.

The only thing it will do is turn the TV on or off.

Yes, I do have the SAT button pushed. Does anyone know how to get the remote reconnected to the Hopper?

If it's the remote that comes with the Hopper you should be able to go into the system info screen. There is a button on the Hopper for it. Once on that screen you should be able to sync it again.

i don't think anyone's tried for a single hopper install. Or at least i haven't seen anyone report that they did it.

Most were doing two hopper installs and setting it up with the required joeys. Then the CSR would strip off the extra joeys after it was setup so that it got removed off the work order. Which DIRT CSR is correct? The one who says it isn't allowed or the one who allows the extra joeys to be removed?

From the link I posted: "At this time, there must be a Joey for each Hopper on the account."

I take that to mean yep, no "just a Hopper" installs. And probably wouldn't let me deactivate any owned Joeys if it left a Hopper without a Joey.

As for the "At this time" comment- maybe it will change someday. As opposed to "soon."

What looked like a good deal has soured on me. I'm going to have to take another look at Fios. I hear the latest versions of their DVRs aren't so bad, and maybe they've brought them to my area. I'll certainly cut my bill, rather than raise it. I've just got to find somewhere I can play with one for a few minutes.

I have tried pairing my 922 remotes with my Hopper and have not been able to do it.

With the Hopper in our showroom using the BETA software I was able to pair a 922 remote. When I hooked up my Hopper at home today and tried pairing my 922 remote to it, it didn't work. I'm assuming the newest software update nixed that?

i don't think anyone's tried for a single hopper install. Or at least i haven't seen anyone report that they did it.

Most were doing two hopper installs and setting it up with the required joeys. Then the CSR would strip off the extra joeys after it was setup so that it got removed off the work order. Which DIRT CSR is correct? The one who says it is allowed or the one who allows the extra joeys to be removed?

Which way do you think Dish wants it to be? :(

With the Hopper in our showroom using the BETA software I was able to pair a 922 remote. When I hooked up my Hopper at home today and tried pairing my 922 remote to it, it didn't work. I'm assuming the newest software update nixed that?

Does the "restore timers" feature work only with UHF, not IR?

From the link I posted: "At this time, there must be a Joey for each Hopper on the account."

I take that to mean yep, no "just a Hopper" installs. And probably wouldn't let me deactivate any owned Joeys if it left a Hopper without a Joey.

As for the "At this time" comment- maybe it will change someday. As opposed to "soon."

What looked like a good deal has soured on me. I'm going to have to take another look at Fios. I hear the latest versions of their DVRs aren't so bad, and maybe they've brought them to my area. I'll certainly cut my bill, rather than raise it. I've just got to find somewhere I can play with one for a few minutes.

I'm scheduled for a 1 Hopper, no Joey install on Saturday, so it's definitely possible. But, I've been with Dish since the beginning...so long that they aren't even charging for the install!

Maybe MattG was speaking loosely. I ref'd his post so all can read it.

I'm now comparing my current channel lineup with what Fios offers locally. IIRC, last time I did this Fios did not have a "must have" channel.

Yep. 1 Hopper by itself should have been just the $6 DVR fee. 1st Joey should then add the $4 MRV fee. All Joeys and Hoppers added after that should then be $7 each. Where have I heard this before? :)

Yep. 1 Hopper by itself should have been just the $6 DVR fee. 1st Joey should then add the $4 MRV fee. All Joeys and Hoppers added after that should then be $7 each. Where have I heard this before? :)

Like it or not we're headed toward a $10 minimum DVR fee. D* is already there. Only question is how long Dish will keep the VIPs at $6.